Author Topic: Need a replacement seat...  (Read 8298 times)

SniperMan

• View Profile
Need a replacement seat...
« on: May 24, 2012, 01:32:35 AM »
Hi everyone, i am new to you're forum.
I just bought an old FL350 (i know they are all old lol). I'm starting the process of my restauration and would really need a replacement seat.
Mine look like some rats feast on it for a while.
Any idea ??? , i have look on EBay but had no luck on that side.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Need a replacement seat...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 07:54:19 AM »
There aren't many suspension seats out there that will fit without modifications,because they are too wide.....Some of the kirkey seats seem to work quite well.....

SniperMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 01:51:20 PM »
ok tks.
I've seen once some kind of seat cover that look that it could fit but i just cant find that web site no more. Maybe i saw that on e-bay i just cant remember.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 03:29:52 PM »
Couple of people used to make a cover,but they are long gone now.....Possibly have one custom made,but you could probably buy a different seat cheaper...

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 06:03:36 AM »
Consider getting a FL400 Pilot seat. I believe they match the Odyssey seat mounts.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

SniperMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 11:39:25 AM »
I tried that approach to but so far i can't find a Pilot eather. I'm running out of options here.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 09:19:46 AM »
I have a seat plate for mounting a Kirkey economy drag or circle track seat. The plate is 3/8" aluminum powder coated black. It is $100. You can get the seat from Jegs or Summit with various cover options.

I have Kirkey circle track seat with a blue cover in mine: http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=28

SniperMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 11:23:28 AM »
That's exactly one of my problem with that seat problem.
I know that i can very easely fabricate any kind of plate that will hold any seat down in my FL350, but the problem is the seat it self.
If i go after market how can i be sure of the width of the seat that i will buy ??? can you call places like Summit and ask them the width of that seat or this one ???

The other major problem in there of course will be the damm shipping. Having a thing, the sise of seat shipped to Canada .... hummm ounce i will have payed for the shipping plus the customs fees wow that will probably be as much if not more then the price of the seat it self.
That's why i was more looking for some kind of padded seat cover that would fit on the original seat.

I'm sure i saw something like that on the web last week, i just can't find it back.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 02:29:32 PM »
The Kirkey seats are listed by hip width. Mine is a 15.5" wide. Many of the seats out there have a diagram of dimensions available.

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 08:14:06 PM »
Check your local stock car guys up there... I found an aluminum race seat, with cover...$100 from a local racer who bought a new one for his car.  We changed the mounts and now I have a custom seat on my Pilot...
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

shoubadaba

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 02:45:18 AM »
The regular beard  super seat fits perfect. Its nice and soft great for a stock suspended machine. If you go with a kirky remember they only have a thin padding so if your suspension is stock it will not be as soft as a suspension seat. I have riden odysseys with both styles and I much prefer a suspension seat.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 08:21:03 AM »
It may be perfect for you. I am not comfortable with the reduction of leg rood and head room caused by the thicker seat.

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 02:12:12 AM »
It may be perfect for you. I am not comfortable with the reduction of leg rood and head room caused by the thicker seat.

Amen to that... I'm too tall for the thicker seat...LOL.
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

SniperMan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 04:19:05 PM »
Do you guy's consider the oem seat as a thicker seat ????  and does the oem seat is what you refer as a suspention seat ???

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 03:21:32 PM »
No, the stock seat is thinner than suspension seats. Suspension seats have a system of cords strung across the seat that stretch and gives your butt some travel. Most don't have a solid bottom like the stock seat, so a skid plate is recommended.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)