Author Topic: FL350R IN GEAR BUT DOESN'T GO ANYWHERE.  (Read 2732 times)

holanpd

• View Profile
FL350R IN GEAR BUT DOESN'T GO ANYWHERE.
« on: March 30, 2012, 05:59:39 AM »
OK SO I FINALLY GOT MY ODYSSEY GOING BUT I PUT IT IN REVERSE AND GAVE IT SOME GAS BUT DIDN'T GO ANYWHERE, I FELT IT INGAGE THE GEAR THO..

NOTE I HAD TO REPLACE THE SHIFTER SO MAYBE IT NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED ? HOW DO I ADJUST IT ?

THANKS

PAUL

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: FL350R IN GEAR BUT DOESN'T GO ANYWHERE.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 07:29:44 AM »
What about forward? What kind of clutch? Your engagement could be set high enough that the reverse rev limiter kicks in before the engine reaches enough rpm's to engage the clutch....

holanpd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 10:07:51 AM »
IT STARTED TO RAIN SO I JUST CUT OFF THE ENGINE. ITS A COMET 102 ? MAYBE.. I'M AT WORK SO NOT TO SURE RIGHT NOW. ALSO I HAVE BLACK OIL LIKE STUFF COMING FROM THE EXHAUST, WHAT COULD THAT BE ? AIR/FUEL MIXTURE NOT RIGHT ?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 10:57:38 AM »
The engagement RPM of the out of the box 102C for an FL350 is right at the reverse rev limit. The selector switch on the back of the gear box has two wires coming out. One gets grounded when in neutral to allow use of the electric starter. The other gets grounded when not in reverse. Grounding that second wire will prevent the CDI from activating the reverse rev limiter.