Author Topic: Durhamtown ride Feb.16th-19th  (Read 10466 times)

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Durhamtown ride Feb.16th-19th
« on: February 20, 2012, 08:24:36 AM »
We spent last weekend at Durhamtown in Ga.....Myself,Rocketman,Throttle,Betel,DC,and the New Hampshire crew (Factory 45,Luke,and Jeff) made the long trip as well!!!!! We were worried about the weather,but turned out absolutely beautiful...It did rain on Thursday,and the trails were a little soft in places on Friday morning,but by 10am,they were absolutely perfect!!!!!The rain held off until about an hour after the trails closed on Saturday,giving us enough time to get everything loaded for the ride home,but once it started,it rained all night and well into Sunday....
No major breakdowns with the group other than some wheel bearings,a cv boot,and a spark plug cap...The New Hampshire oddy had the worst with a broken axle,and I had the next when my recoil starter basket came apart....Never seen that before until now,but it broke into about a hundred pieces....Made a strange noise,so I got out and my rope was hanging out the rear about 2 feet....Pulled it and it came out in my hand.....It ripped the rope to shreds,and done a little damage to the recoil mechanism itself....With the compression my machine is running,the recoil is pretty much useless anyways.....WAY too hard to pull......I would still like to have another basket though if anyone has one to sell...I have another engine,and this basket was used on it as well because it came without one when I got it.....I have several gigs of video that I will try to get edited and posted soon......
Hoodlum

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: Durhamtown ride Feb.16th-19th
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 10:02:04 AM »
I may be sending another rider to your group. He is in New York, but it sounds like he is willing to drive in order to ride in warmer weather. He just got a 350 and is considering a long travel kit on it.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:39:21 PM »
Bring him on,and come with him!!!!! ;D

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 03:47:12 PM »
I have to say that was the best time riding I have had in a long time. The group was all great guys to ride with...fun fast riding...worth the trip from anywhere IMO. Tried hard to keep up with the guys...and did pretty well...but man you gotta stay tight when you ride behind Hood and Rocketman...one slip and they were going over the horizon and around the next bend never to be reeled back in. Bummer about Luke's Ody...busted an axle that was well on its way to failure and just needed a few D-Town bumps to finish her off.

PS Am currently looking for a good replacement axle to get Luke up and running as well as a spare so as not to drive 20hrs and leave a gorgeous buggy on the trailer again :(

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 09:45:21 PM »
You did very well....Just for the record,we don't cut new guys any slack either....When Rocketman has that long travel rocketship going,he's the one to chase!!!!!

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 07:50:19 AM »
Before we left I tried to bang out the stuff I had to come and ENJOY myself...without worry. My pilot just needed a few tweaks but I had planned to spend half the day on customers stuff and half on mine. Of course it worked out like 75/25 and my stuff got back burnered lol. But one of my good buds came by LATE and helped me do some stuff...and it all got done. Luke came by very early Wed. and we loaded a 20' open deck 4 place sled trailer and we left @ about 3pm...driving a 94 Ford Bronco 5.0L 5 Speed. Now I know that sounds CRAZY...but Luke did a complete frame-off on the truck and it SERIOUSLY drives like a BRAND NEW TRUCK. Not even a tire wobble the whole way down and back.
We knew we were gonna have a great trip. In NY as we were re-entering I-84 after fueling...a NYS Trooper came across 3 lanes with the lights flashing...just to compliment the buggies and shoot the breeze while sitting @ the traffic light. :)
I got a few un-edited vids of the ride so far and more to come...I will drop em here later...they are already uplinked to my FB...and on YouTube. Get your popcorn before you sit down...one is 42min and the other has about 25min of riding before I had to fiddle with a loose bolt.
We will do this trip again OVER and OVER as the money allows...D-Town is for sure the most awesome place I have ever been to ride...and It was just about $500 per person TOTAL maybe a few bucks less to do it the way we did with 3 guys splitting it. I got my first invite to do this about 2yrs ago from Hoodlum and FINALLY stepped up and made it happen.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 11:49:31 PM »
Here's my video!!!!! Just a small amount of my footage,but lots of editing time!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VdV56ri8knw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Adnoh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 09:16:20 AM »
Thanks for posting. That was just awsome. Who need blood pressure medicane when you watch that. If that dont get it pumping nothing will. 42 minute video coming up I make a coulpe of pot or get some cold one.

Rich.

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 11:54:27 AM »
Hey Adnoh :) here is the 42 min vid. Includes all the dialog and a few stops...and engine sounds. There are a few more on my youtube channel ENJOY :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=443dVPdjYl0&feature=channel

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 09:10:18 AM »
Hey Adnoh :) here is the 42 min vid. Includes all the dialog and a few stops...and engine sounds. There are a few more on my youtube channel ENJOY :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=443dVPdjYl0&feature=channel

Yep,it's on the way to my house!!!!! Thanks for the heads up!!!!!

Adnoh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 06:50:52 PM »
Hood, your welcome.

Thanks 45 that was very cool and enjoyable. I even had to tilt my screen a little at one point and was wonder if your were going right or left at a T. I thought for a split second rut ru. You engine sounds real good also sounded like it had plenty left in it as it reved. The top end pull was very noticable. Gotta like the sweet sound when it's on the pipe. More please. Those guys area lot fun.

After that I gota head to the garage.
My thumb hurt for some reason must be some kind or reaction. I'm gona hook this up to my play station chair for effect and watch agan and again adn again.
Thanks for sharing. Rich.

Hood, your welcome.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 07:09:44 PM »
FYI,we are going back to St. Joes the first full week in June....3rd-9th....You should try to make it again....We still need to get you to Durhamtown sometime!!!!!

stix

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 11:42:33 PM »
Here's my video!!!!! Just a small amount of my footage,but lots of editing time!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VdV56ri8knw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If that video doesnt get you blood pumpin then I dont kno what wlil! Pilots, Ozzy, it doesnt get any better than that!!