Author Topic: Buggy race in Michigan, Labor Day weekend  (Read 4646 times)

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Buggy race in Michigan, Labor Day weekend
« on: August 24, 2011, 02:14:59 PM »
Google map of track

Details to come about race. Likely test and tune Sunday morning, race at 1:00 and second one 11:00 on Monday. Friday night and Saturday is mini tractor pulling including V8 and blown V8 powered ones. You can camp on site for free.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Buggy race in Michigan, Labor Day weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 05:46:47 PM »
Picture of track

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 05:48:19 PM »
The track is on 20 acres of land my brother owns. It is behind his house. There is no entry fee, no pay out. There is no charge for spectators. Donations are appreciated to go toward porta john rentals and fuel used to prepare the track.

The track is several years old now. Design was influenced by Bob's. A few of us have run on labor day. We just decided to step it up this year. I would say over a 1000 people show up for the tractor pulls, participants and spectators. Some campers don't leave until Sunday and some spectators may come back for the the buggy race on Sunday.

Last weekend, the track was chisel plowed, disked, rolled and then it rained which further packed it down. It rained a significant amount so after, I cut drains on the inside of 3 of the turns to pits we dug in the infield. I pumped the water out of the pits spreading it around the infield to reduce water wicking out of the track.

Street trucks can pull on Friday night, 2wd. There is an entry fee, but no payout. I won with my Excursion last year.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 03:13:54 PM »
9777 Lambs Rd, Wales, MI
586-273-1333 for questions

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 10:28:51 AM »
I've been meaning to post this video for a while now. While the race didn't happen because of a couple racers didn't make it, we still played. A couple RZRs, 2 350s, a Pilot, and a Drak. I didn't get much video, but here's a clip of me chasing Livewire around the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TanFE-gINoU
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:33:38 AM by odypilots »
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)