Author Topic: Welcome to the Odyssey and Pilot discussion forum  (Read 11244 times)

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Welcome to the Odyssey and Pilot discussion forum
« on: August 22, 2011, 05:14:10 PM »
This forum is the merger of www.p-o-ps.com and www.quickieracing.com. Bringing these two boards together will prevent the need for people to post the same question on both boards.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Odyssey and Pilot discussion forum
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 10:38:24 AM »
After the merge of the two forums, I then manually merged many boards within the forum. The obvious ones are the FL250, FL350R and FL400R ones. Quickie had area specific boards. There was one post in one of the three area boards. I moved that post to Rides / Events section and removed all the area boards since they got little use. I have deleted a couple posts that described phpBB functionality since they would now be misleading. If you come across a post like that, you can use the report post link. Since it was common to post on both boards, there may be duplicates now. It is also possible to merge topics. I am open to suggestions.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 05:03:46 PM »
There may be some residual issues with boards/topics indicating not read. You may need to go into each forum to clear that out.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 10:05:20 AM »
It looks like old attachments may not be tied to the correct posts. I will look into correcting that.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 03:13:07 PM »
I was able to reconnect the old Quickie attachments. It looks like the P-O attachment association did not make it through the conversion. I had to convert to SMF before merging the 2 SMF boards. I may be able to go back to the original P-O database and manually copy that data over.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 01:58:59 PM »
I guess the p-o-ps attachments were lost during a previous conversion of some sort over there. I don't know if the info needed even exists anymore to tie them back together. An odd thing is that posts from p-o-ps might reference attachments that didn't exist, but now happen to match up with IDs from quickie. I saw a post where the attached images were not correct.

The old boards are now redirecting here. Most topics and boards redirect to the correct one here. I have to create redirection rules for each type of URL so there are still some missed. The bulk of them will redirect over though making it easy for people to find bookmarked topics.

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 09:21:12 PM »
NICE!!!  8)
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

FL350fan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 01:53:18 PM »
This is a great group. Every question I type into Google always included a link to this forum. I really like the simplicity of your organization. Perfect form follows function. It is very easy to browse specific Odys.
Good job.

David

Adamfl350

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2022, 09:30:10 PM »
Just bought a 94c comet clutch to replace the original.  Do I need spaces or anything special... or is this just bolt on and go.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2022, 11:52:28 AM »
Bolt on and go