Author Topic: K-Fab Head  (Read 2693 times)

MAS Racing

• View Profile
K-Fab Head
« on: March 26, 2011, 05:38:42 PM »
Can you still get a K-Fab head? Or does anybody else make one?  I live at 6000 ft elevation aprox and need to bring the compression up. Any sujestions?  Thanks.
"I dont test myself against others I just test myself."

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: K-Fab Head
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 04:10:16 PM »
Quote from: "MAS Racing"
Can you still get a K-Fab head? Or does anybody else make one?  I live at 6000 ft elevation aprox and need to bring the compression up. Any sujestions?  Thanks.

K-fab doesn't make heads anymore....I doubt you find one...I guy by the name of speedchaser sells some on e-bay but I don't think they raise compression very much...How much are you looking to raise it? You can have it milled for around $100...I wouldn't go over 165-170 psi or you will have to run race gas....If you are only wanting to raise it 10 psi or so,get a stock 3 layer head gasket and remove 1 of the layers...
Hoodlum

MAS Racing

• View Profile
K-Fab Head
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 05:21:44 PM »
I read that K-fab heads had interchangeable domes to change the compression.  That was more what I was looking for.  Does speedchacer have other domes or can he make a custom one?  And how do I get a hold of him?  If I cant find one I will have my head milled and/or rechambered.  I was trying to bring it up to 160-165 at 6000 ft elevation.  Who would you recomend for the machine work?

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
K-Fab Head
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 06:00:46 PM »
Quote from: "MAS Racing"
I read that K-fab heads had interchangeable domes to change the compression.  That was more what I was looking for.  Does speedchacer have other domes or can he make a custom one?  And how do I get a hold of him?  If I cant find one I will have my head milled and/or rechambered.  I was trying to bring it up to 160-165 at 6000 ft elevation.  Who would you recomend for the machine work?

The speedchaser heads do have interchangeable domes....He was advertising them on e-bay a while back but not sure if he has made anymore or not....You may also contact hillside honda...He was making some at one time....
ATV Racing in Phoenix http://www.atvracing1.com is the most notable for head machining and re-surfaceing.....
Hoodlum

MAS Racing

• View Profile
K-Fab Head
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 01:32:05 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I will Pm speedchacer and ask.

turbotexas

• View Profile
K-Fab Head
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 10:06:04 PM »
move to a lower elevation and your compression will go up...
The altitude will play a big role in the number you see!

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
K-Fab Head
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 07:01:22 PM »
MAS - No, I no longer make the heads for the Pilot.  I made about half a dozen or so a few years back, but that was it.

Sorry.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'