Author Topic: pilot exhaust  (Read 2614 times)

lee1969gb

• View Profile
pilot exhaust
« on: February 18, 2007, 01:11:40 PM »
The origonal silencer on one of my pilots seems to be blocked, would it be best to cut it open and clean it out or any suggestions how to unblock it?
I want to use the origonal silencer to keep it quiet, or how much louder would a performance silencer be and what sort of performance gain would I get amd what size core do I want?
I assume the main exhaust will have carbon in it as well, any suggestions yo clean that out also?

atvnut

• View Profile
Re: pilot exhaust
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 07:00:18 PM »
I myself would fix what ya have
Thank you
"The Nut"

lee1969gb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 10:17:39 AM »
What is the best way to clean it out, Cut it open clean and re weld?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 03:14:34 PM »
Without one in front of me, i'm not sure if this works on a Pilot. On an FL350, you can use the heat shield as a jig to hold it back together when welding.

Threewits

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 08:18:15 AM »
Not sure what is plugging yours, but mine sat for a while and was actually plugged with mouse nest and pine needles. It would not rev past an idle. I took mine off and stuck a garden hose in one end and sealed the opening around it. Aproximately ten seconds after turning on the water pressure, BOOM! Everything came out the other end. Immediately after reinstalling it on the pilot, it was slightly louder then it should have been, but after it dried, it was good as new.
No doubt that would not work if it was plugged with carbon, but with foreign matter, it worked great. Wasps, mice, and other pests seem to love to build nests in the exhaust systems when they set for periods of time. Good luck.