Author Topic: fl350r  (Read 1388 times)

scott

• View Profile
fl350r
« on: October 22, 2010, 05:26:40 PM »
I have been given a 1985 odyssey that was put in a barn in 1993 because of a re-occurring problem with the cdi unit. I have searched the internet for, ingnition system, replacement parts but have come up with nothing. I am wondering if anyone, has had this problem and if anyone has experimented with converting the system over to points.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: fl350r
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 06:12:58 PM »
Quote from: "scott"
I have been given a 1985 odyssey that was put in a barn in 1993 because of a re-occurring problem with the cdi unit. I have searched the internet for, ingnition system, replacement parts but have come up with nothing. I am wondering if anyone, has had this problem and if anyone has experimented with converting the system over to points.

Most people wanted to swap out the old points in the 250's for cdi"s.....Have you checked the cdi to make sure that's the problem? There is a section in the manual that shows how to test it......
http://aftershockmotorsports.com/manuals/Honda/FL350R-Odyssey/Honda-FL350R-Odyssey-Manual.pdf
Hoodlum

scott

• View Profile
fl350r
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 08:26:02 AM »
Yes, I have tested the cdi unit per the owners manual and I do not get the readings they say I should... they also said this could happen if you do not have the tester they recommend (which I do not have).   The previous owner said they had isolated the problem to the cdi unit and that after replacing it, it worked fine until the blew it again. This happen several times and they could not find out why it kept blowing. After spending $90+ dollars a pop they decided to park it.