Author Topic: new guy  (Read 2590 times)

350x buddie

new guy
« on: July 19, 2010, 05:28:18 PM »
Hey everyone im new to this stuff. Now my uncle just bought an 85 odyssey for 1200$ with broken u joints so we took it back to his house and put new u joints im it was reay to go after riding it for abit and blowing a couple donuts we noticed that all the u joints were broken again and these we're just driving it not pounding the puddin out of it. My question is the axle in it bad or something? Because i would think that would be able to hold up to the small donuts. Thanks in advance.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: new guy
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 05:36:07 PM »
Quote from: "350x buddie"
Hey everyone im new to this stuff. Now my uncle just bought an 85 odyssey for 1200$ with broken u joints so we took it back to his house and put new u joints im it was reay to go after riding it for abit and blowing a couple donuts we noticed that all the u joints were broken again and these we're just driving it not pounding the puddin out of it. My question is the axle in it bad or something? Because i would think that would be able to hold up to the small donuts. Thanks in advance.

There is a good chance they are bad...When the joints start getting play in them,they will oblong the holes they fit into in the axle shaft,and cause the new ones to fail quickly...
What type u joints did you put in it, and where did you get them?There are some that have replaced them with cheapies that have had the same luck as you did....

350x buddie

new guy
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 03:52:05 AM »
I am aware that they have made cheapies for it the guy that he had bought it off from warned us about it. The joints came from one of our largest atv parts distibutor in our state i cant remember the name of the joints off the top of my head. We have put new ones in time and time again and they have broken easily so it probably does need new axels. if its possible im not really sure what is a good and bad brand for joints could you list off a couple of whats good and what to stay away from? thanks.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
new guy
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 05:24:14 PM »
Quote from: "350x buddie"
I am aware that they have made cheapies for it the guy that he had bought it off from warned us about it. The joints came from one of our largest atv parts distibutor in our state i cant remember the name of the joints off the top of my head. We have put new ones in time and time again and they have broken easily so it probably does need new axels. if its possible im not really sure what is a good and bad brand for joints could you list off a couple of whats good and what to stay away from? thanks.

Weed at http://www.pilotodysseyperformance.com and Steve at http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com both carry a good quality joint...

350x buddie

new guy
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 11:54:54 PM »
all right thanks guy :bigthumbup:

turbotexas

• View Profile
new guy
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 09:41:17 AM »
After replaceing how many joints, you want to refer him to someone who sells more joints??? The axles are surely trashed by now, try service honda in Indiana for replacement axles and be done with it...

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
new guy
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 07:13:17 AM »
Quote from: "turbotexas"
The axles are surely trashed by now, try service honda in Indiana for replacement axles and be done with it...

Agreed.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)