Author Topic: Not getting fuel  (Read 1057 times)

orangelightening

• View Profile
Not getting fuel
« on: June 14, 2020, 07:18:12 PM »
I have a FL350 i picked up several years ago (probably 7-8) shortly after i bought it i had to move across the country and had no room for it so was forced to put it in a storage unit protected from weather (i did remove the fuel when i put it there) i than couldn't afford to get back to it unfortunately for about 6 years so it sat there until just last year when i was finally able to pick it up. I brought it out to put fuel in it but the fuel isn't leaving the tank any thoughts on what it could be? it does have a fuel pump on the machine so i think this could possibly be the issue maybe it needs a new one but i'm not mechanically inclined really. I have also looked at the fuel lines and they seem good and no fuel is leaking anywhere. I don't see any fuel in the fuel filter at all and don't know if this is important to help identify the problem but the push start on it never worked since i bought it, i have to pull the cord to get it to go. Any help would be appreciated thanks

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: Not getting fuel
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 12:23:36 PM »
If the line to the crank case from the pump is leaking, or the crank seals have dried out and are leaking, no pulse will be provided to the pump to operate it. It would be good to check for those air leaks on a machine that has sat.