Author Topic: Misfire at sustained full throttle  (Read 1478 times)

Noware

• View Profile
Misfire at sustained full throttle
« on: May 02, 2009, 01:48:35 PM »
Just got an FL350 and it ran amazing for the first couple days. Now if I ride it full throttle or close to for like a minute it starts to lose power and make an air popping sound. If I shut the machine off and start it back up it works fine for another minute and does the same thing. I read through all the posts, didn't find the same problem.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Misfire at sustained full throttle
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 06:06:34 PM »
Quote from: "Noware"
Just got an FL350 and it ran amazing for the first couple days. Now if I ride it full throttle or close to for like a minute it starts to lose power and make an air popping sound. If I shut the machine off and start it back up it works fine for another minute and does the same thing. I read through all the posts, didn't find the same problem.

Check your fuel filter...Also check to see if there is trash or rust in your tank...Usually when one starts running like crap, and shutting it off for a minute fixes it for another minute, the fuel filter is clogged....
Hoodlum

Noware

• View Profile
Misfire at sustained full throttle
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 11:55:59 PM »
Mine is doing the exact same thing, did this fix it for you? How do you check the inside of the tank for rust? Is the fuel filter the oval plastic thing attached to the side of the tank?