Author Topic: need help  (Read 2004 times)

odyman

• View Profile
need help
« on: January 27, 2009, 01:46:34 PM »
i recenly had to replace my primary ignition coil to get my 83 fl250 running again (no spark). Now that i got it running again it , it will idle fine but when i give it throttle it bogs down , there is a good amount of oil coming out of my exhaust. i tried running without my exhaust and air filter with same results. my plugs are gaped at .028 ( i tried 6 of them).  my fuel mixture is at 32:1 and as far as i can tell the carb is in good working order. i want to think there is not enough voltage getting to spark plug to burn off the oil because it ran fine before the primary ignition coil went bad. if anyone can give me advice i would be very thankfull.

PilotHawK

• View Profile
need help
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 05:29:26 PM »
You say the carb is "in good working order" have you pulled the carb apart to look at it, and make sure its clean? Is the fuel pump pumping enough fuel, is the fuel filter clogged, is the coil wire in good shape? You can try unscrewing the spark plug boot and cutting about 1/4" off the end of the plug wire and then screwing it back on, does the plug boot fit the plug tight.

yfzforever

• View Profile
need help
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 10:37:02 PM »
I had the same problem with my fl250 & it was a broken wire that came off the coil. try checkin the wires on the coil