Author Topic: Whats the Fuel ratio?  (Read 14553 times)

tomsinthehouse

• View Profile
Whats the Fuel ratio?
« on: September 19, 2008, 05:50:46 PM »
Just wondering what the Fl250 fuel ratio is??
I finally got a pull starter and can finally see if it works.
Some say 20:1 which is factory, some say 32:1 and others say even higher like 40:1-50:1.

Thanks in advance Tom

Adnoh

• View Profile
Whats the Fuel ratio?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 08:19:48 AM »
Thats one of those no right ansawer. If you use a non semi or full synthetic. than 20 to 1 (old school). Most products avalible now are semi or full syn. Find a good quality oil mix it at wht is recomended by mfg and then JET to that mix. The syn have beter lubracating propertys than non syn. I asume your running pump gas. If not thats another story. Using a better oil will alow for better engine life. Short story the heat your engine creates ( friction) effect wear and lubracation. The better you lube it with out oil breakdown the better. The oil not only lubracates the main bearing but also gets traped between the piston and cylinder acting as a friction reducer. What ever you do be consisdence with your mix and stick with it. I use a ratio right cup and honda HP-2 at 32 to 1( mfg recomdention). Not all oils/ syn blends created equall.  Rember you chage the oil ratio it effects the jetting. Enjoy, Rich

taylorcard

• View Profile
FUEL RATIO
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 11:36:37 PM »
The book tells me that the ratio is 20:1 but that is WAY to rich, I mix my gas 28:1,if you mix it 40:1 you will blow up your moter propley right when you trun it on.

Weed

• View Profile
Oil
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 02:21:44 AM »
I run my hot rod silver bullet 50:1 for 3 years without problems.  Most oils of today are formulated for leaner mixes, especially synthetic oils.

I run my other toys 40:1 and have for years.  No problems and no failures........

Oil has been a hot topic in the past and most guys I would say run 32:1 to 40:1.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: FUEL RATIO
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 12:54:28 PM »
Quote from: "taylorcard"
The book tells me that the ratio is 20:1 but that is WAY to rich, I mix my gas 28:1,if you mix it 40:1 you will blow up your moter propley right when you trun it on.

Actually,28:1 is a richer mixture than 20:1.....Air doesn't mix with oil,so when your fuel atomizes, the more oil you have in it,the more molecules of air per molecule of fuel you will have since the air has togo somewhere....The less oil you have in a mix,the more molecules of fuel you have to divide the air molecules between which gives a richer mixture.....
I use and have used Amsoil at 40:1 with no problems in 4 years now...You will NOT blow your engine unless you use weed eater oil or some other cheap  lube......
Hoodlum