Author Topic: Video Clips from Glamis and the Desert  (Read 1982 times)

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Video Clips from Glamis and the Desert
« on: December 03, 2007, 11:31:36 PM »
I've been out west the past couple weeks.  Took my new Gen IV car with me and had a blast - Glamis & the desert.  The car has an on-board video setup and I played with it a bit.  

Here are all the videos I've taken over this past week.  Dunes, Happy Valley Area and Four Peaks, AZ:

Gen IV First Roll - Glamis, Thanksgiving, 2007 1:39 minutes, 12.00MB
Desert Dash 5:12 minutes, 26.25MB
Early Evening Desert Dash 10:29 minute, 32.26MB
Night Time Run 7:19 minutes, 45.77MB
Happy Valley 1 :44 minutes, 5.37MB
Happy Valley 2 2:48 minutes, 19.57MB
Happy Valley 3 1:35 minutes, 11.84MB
Four Peaks Ridge 1 1:01 minutes, 6.57MB
Four Peaks Ridge 2 :48 minutes, 5.27MB
Four Peaks Ridge 3 2:25 minutes, 15.48MB
Four Peaks Road 1 6:02 minutes, 37.95MB - sorry about the spots on the camera lens - it was spitting rain on and off and I forgot to wipe it.
Four Peaks Road 2 1:49 minutes, 11.47MB
Four Peaks Road 3 2:04 minutes, 10.55MB
Four Peaks Road 4 2:23 minutes, 14.72MB
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

PilotHawK

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 08:03:06 AM »
Awesome video! Is it February yet? I need to get some work done on the bike.

Where is the best place to get sprockets and chain? Brand suggestions?

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 09:55:41 PM »
Hey Skeeter, What kind of video setup were you using? Pics? Great stuff, thanks!

Gary

Moskito

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 11:16:43 PM »
I purchased a system for my desert car - records to an 8 gig card.  Since the 10Dez is dead at the moment (axle again), I decided to transfer the system to the Gen IV and I'm really pleased with the results.

Name of the system escapes me at the moment... I can get you more info if you want.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

Moskito

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 11:25:20 PM »
Quote from: "PilotHawK"
Where is the best place to get sprockets and chain? Brand suggestions?
Uh...
Ya know, Dennis Kirk is probably just as good a source as anyone.  

Moose Racing stuff is darn good.  Sunstar (they make a lot of the OEM stuff), for that matter makes pretty good stuff too.  RK, Regina and DID are all good chains.

If you want to go spendy, Renthal sprockets are hard to beat.

The tri-metal sprockets that are out there are awesome.  Sidewinder sells them, but someone else makes them for everyone.  I've seen them coming down in price in the backs of MXA and Dirt Rider recently.  Bang for the buck, they're probably the way to go.  Bargo's still running his and it looks great. - it's what he replaced the stocker with three years ago.

Moskito

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 09:16:46 AM »
PH - SuperSprox  $79.95

These things are killer. I don't know who's making them, but they sell under a bunch of different names.