OK
0 (0%)
Fair
0 (0%)
Poor
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2004, 09:42:56 AM

Author Topic: No Rev Limit CDI  (Read 1632 times)

redrider

• View Profile
No Rev Limit CDI
« on: April 19, 2004, 04:02:07 PM »
This product evaluation MUST be qualified by the fact that I have modifications to my power plant as follows:

ported 400
increased air intake
39mm carb
torque pipe

For some time I've had a problem hitting the rev limiter when trying to run wide open.  I had jetting pretty close and response down nice but it just wouldn't get to the top without sputtering AT the top.  
I just replaced my stock CDI with a one of the No Rev Limit CDI's and the benefit was absolutely immediate!!!  From the first time I "put the thumb into it" after changing the CDI, it has not sputtered or spit one single time!  It will go to WOT and operate steadily to the point that I'm sure speed is at max.  I am very pleased with the choice to move to the modified CDI.  If you have a modified powerplant and can or do regularly hit the rev limit, this component should be considered.  I guess over-rev should then be considered but, as with any performance enhancing change, you should use sound judgement when applying it.

Just for shits and giggles I'll include what air flow and jetting I'm currently using.
dual air intake snorkels - each one 2" dia. with a 5" long x 2 1/4" UNI-Filter universal pod filter and mated Outerwear as pre-filters, UNI-Filter in main air box with no Outwear
Keihin PWK39 carburetor -  #160 main jet,  #45 pilot jet,  DEJ needle with clip in middle position. (honestly can't remember where the air screw is at in turns, will have to check that)

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
No Rev Limit CDI
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 07:29:50 AM »
Hey Red
Who does the CDI box ? and whats the damage.

Cheers
Aussieduner

redrider

• View Profile
You can get the modified box from
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 08:19:53 AM »
Bill Keefe in Florida, US
I'll have to do a search for contact info and price.  
Basically, he takes your CDI as a core and trades you for one that's already been modified, unless he's out and then I guess he just alters yours and sends it back.
My search just revealed that 45th Parallel Store advertises this product for $110.50 US.  Don't know what shipping to the land down under would set you back.
Have a great ride mate!

ludedude

• View Profile
No Rev Limit CDI
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 09:37:51 AM »
Don't forget..POOA can get 11% off using the coupon code "POOA"

That price may just go lower....as it reminds me of something I was supposed to do quite awhile ago....

Adnoh

• View Profile
No Rev Limit CDI
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 03:42:39 PM »
Just wondering what drive clutch and how may puck your running when bumping the rev limiter. Thanks Adnoh