Author Topic: High Idle and low power.  (Read 1538 times)

biospheare

• View Profile
High Idle and low power.
« on: March 25, 2010, 10:28:35 PM »
Hey, everyone Im new to this fourm. Just found it while searching the interent for help. I have a fl350 and so does my brother in law. His however is not running right. It has a high idle and it will not adjust. He has cleaned his carb and actually tryed three different carbs. All of them do the same thing. When he first got it, he cleaned the carb out and put everything back together. When he reved it up the throttle got stuck and stayed at high rev. The key nor kill switch would turn it off. We had to turn the fuel off. What do you think the problem can be? High idle, spits and sputters, lack of power. Maybe something with timing?

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Oddy
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 12:48:27 AM »
His odyssey has an air leak somewhere. Could be in the crank seals, base gasket, case gasket, or the rubber intake could be cracked. If it's low on power he could have possibly damaged the piston from the lean condition.
There's plenty of topics about doing a leak test.

biospheare

• View Profile
High Idle and low power.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 02:02:15 AM »
Hmm... Ill have to do some research on the forum then. I hope nothing is wrong with the piston. I really appreciate the fast reply. Thanks

mastersat77

• View Profile
Leak
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 07:44:58 PM »
Quote from: "biospheare"
Hmm... Ill have to do some research on the forum then. I hope nothing is wrong with the piston. I really appreciate the fast reply. Thanks

I had the same problem, I would check the head bolts . One of my bolts was completely loose and taking in air. It reved so high I blew the piston. When we started taking apart, we started by taking the head off and that 1 bolt was the causing all the problems. Since i have completely rebuilt it. Hoope this helps