Author Topic: Pilot Arctic Cat 600 EFI Engine's everywhere!!! LOL  (Read 1632 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
Pilot Arctic Cat 600 EFI Engine's everywhere!!! LOL
« on: February 10, 2007, 12:11:05 PM »
3rd Arctic Cat 600EFI engine is on it's way  :shock:  And a 4th buildable from separately bought parts is on its way too!!!  :shock:  :D

So to recap, for my benefit too. lol One engine's in and runing, 1 more complete one ready to start a fresh install. One complete engine coming (need clutches) one nearly complete 4th engine in pieces coming (need clutches and throttle bodies and cables).

Mine has a stock pipe, but I have a set of duals I'm playing with and the ECU chip that matches them.

Another set of duals on the way as well.

Now to set some time aside to get some mounting cradles done and clutch adapters and supports.  :roll:

And clean out the rest of any pilot engine related pieces laying around  :P

So all 3 pilots will have 600 EFI's in them hopefully by spring. So the last 400 engine will be sold then. It's the best one of the ones we've had, for some reason Ted's always ran strong and had the least amount of troubles  :roll:  

And I'll have one 600EFI left for parts or to sell as a kit for someone who wants to pretty much bolt in a 100hp EFI powerplant.:);)

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 04:42:14 PM »
Sounds like you have alot of fabbing to do! I am very interested in your cradle design Brian. I have several ideas but I do not know which one to go with yet.

I may be interested in the EFI parts engine, for spare parts for mine. I believe there is 2 drive and 2 driven clutches with the parts I got from Moskito. I will check later for you.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 08:30:06 PM »
Cool, thanks Gary ;)

You have a chance to see if that pipe will work for you?

Ozpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 09:26:48 PM »
If anybody is looking at buying Ted's 400 engine I can tel you it is (or at least was) everything Brian says it is.  Ted let me use his Pilot at Coal Creek - I went for a fairly long ride and the power was good everywhere in the rev range.  If the engine is still the same as it was then, it's a goodie!

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 10:58:28 AM »
Quote from: "Ozpilot"
If anybody is looking at buying Ted's 400 engine I can tel you it is (or at least was) everything Brian says it is.  Ted let me use his Pilot at Coal Creek - I went for a fairly long ride and the power was good everywhere in the rev range.  If the engine is still the same as it was then, it's a goodie!

LOL, it's the same just had a fresh top end done about 10hrs (running) ago. To feel it the way it's meant to be, it needs to be mated to the extras it has on, like the exhuast, carb, intake and dual air intake. Ted's no slouch when it comes to the body size department, and it scoots right along with him in it!  :P

Think I'll quote this thread when I eBay it...Thanks Brendan!!!