Author Topic: Here you go Nuke'em  (Read 1177 times)

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Here you go Nuke'em
« on: February 05, 2007, 06:07:22 PM »
ARMY AMMUNITION PLANT NEAR PARSONS PLANS SPRING TURKEY HUNT

Limited number of hunters to be allowed on special hunt;
applications due March 2

PARSONS -- The Kansas Army Ammunition Plant, near Parsons, will conduct a public drawing for a limited number of hunters for the spring turkey season. The three-day turkey hunt will be held April 13-15. All hunters must be at least 16 years old and have successfully completed a hunter education course. Last year, the hunter success rate for this hunt was more than 80 percent.

Hunters must apply in pairs. Applicants must send their full name, drivers license number, social security number, date of birth, address, phone number, and hunt type (turkey) on a 3x5 index card to the following address:
Commander?s Representative, KSAAP
ATTN: SJMKS-NR
23018 Rooks Road
Parsons, KS 67357.

The information provided will be used to conduct a mandatory background check for successfully-drawn applicants. Incomplete or incorrect entries will not be accepted. Applications must be received by March 2. Only successful applicants will be notified by mail.

To allow increased hunter opportunity, successfully-drawn applicants may only apply for this hunt every other year. All participants will be required to attend a safety/security briefing at 6 p.m. on April 12. Hunters must purchase a $20 federal user permit at the briefing, and all must have a valid turkey permit and hunting license. Hunt rules and questions will be fully addressed during the briefing. Hunts may be cancelled at any time due to security concerns. A recorded version of the hunt application requirements can be reached by calling 620-421-7429.

nuke em

• View Profile
Here you go Nuke'em
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 07:08:42 PM »
Sounds like fun, although I am not a big turkey hunter.  I have popped a few in the head back in Missouri with the trusty 22 years ago. LOL

Weed

• View Profile
Here you go Nuke'em
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 12:24:01 AM »
If you want to turkey hunt, deer hunt, and well any kind of hunting I can probably arrange it here in KS.  My parents own 900 acres of some of the best hunting in the midwest.  Around 250 acres of native grasses and lots of hedge rows for bird hunting.  The cattle market has been sweet the last couple of years and we converted some of the row crop ground back into pasture, but the way the corn prices have been lately I'm thinkin that it will be short lived........

nuke em

• View Profile
Here you go Nuke'em
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 02:58:37 PM »
I wonder what an out of state deer tag goes for? We have mostly mule deer in the Wyoming areas that I hunt and they do not taste as good as white tails.

Gary