Author Topic: I have new "go-fast" goodies ready to install  (Read 2943 times)

nuke em

• View Profile
I have new "go-fast" goodies ready to install
« on: January 19, 2007, 01:55:02 PM »
Here are a few pictures of some of this off seasons pick-ups. Its time to start wrenching! WooHoo and Brrrr, still cold in my garage.

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 02:10:50 PM »
Few more...

FL670R

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 03:33:09 PM »
Damn....

Someone must of gotten a raise....

WOW on the scores
You are right about the works

Them is purtty........

And NITRO too - Heck hold my beer and watch this......

CONGRATS...

Weed

• View Profile
fl350
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 05:44:58 PM »
Daddy likes!!!!!!  I just got my Works with Rezzies two weeks ago......too freaking cold to ride here!!!!  All you need now is a bad ass intake to harness that power!!!!

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 07:37:51 PM »
Actually, I got a couple of real nice intakes. I am going to blend the ESR cage to one tonight, would you like to see it? :wink:

turbotexas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 03:02:38 AM »
Show me Show me!!!

I saw the coolest 350 at ATVRacing today when I dropped some stuff off... it had the ledeck watercooled engine, and they had built a scoop ontop of the stock airbox out of polished alum. or Stainless steel. Reminded me of what you see on the muscle cars intakes coming up through the hood. This ody had Baja brand shocks, has anyone used them yet???
They had several pilots I drooled over also!!! Thank goodness it was raining, wash the dribble away!!!LOL

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 12:05:35 PM »
"ledeck watercooled engine"... Do you mean "Leckich"? Thats what I have in the 420. Snap any pictures? Did the ATV racing guys seem nice enough? I have never dealt with them. What are they doing for you?

From what I have been told, the Baja shocks are very close to stock shocks. The Works are supposed to be much better than those, but I have never ran them. Weed has some and he probably would sell them if you asked, if thats what you want. What do you have now?

Heres a couple of pictures...

PilotHawK

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 02:23:37 PM »
Man thats a lot of material to remove! Did you leave the "airfoil" behind the crossbar on the reedblock or did you remove it as well. Trailing edges that are tapered/smooth will help the airflow better than having a dead space behind the cross bar that can create eddy currents.

At any rate what you have done is an obvious improvement over what you would get with just a "bolt-on" application.

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 12:59:04 PM »
.....Man thats a lot of material to remove! Did you leave the "airfoil" behind the crossbar on the reedblock or did you remove it as well. Trailing edges that are tapered/smooth will help the airflow better than having a dead space behind the cross bar that can create eddy currents.

Hi Hawk,

I am going to "work" the inside of the cage today. The crossbar has to stay, it channels air into the 2 slots that form the 8 petal W shape(like V force reeds) and it supports the 2 removable petal cages. I may sharpen the angle that it enters the 2 slots and knock out the pointy things(top and bottom in the center off too. The very tail end of each slot could be sharpened.

The trailing edges that need to be tapered or smoothed, do you mean the right angled edges leading up to the reed pedals? I know the petal mating surfaces need to flat. They actually have some light damage/pits so I will give them a quick lapping to clean that up too. Its nice that I can remove each petal cage to do that with. This is a very well designed cage, very impressed with the looks too. Hope it performs as good.

Anything I am missing? Here are more pics to help you understand what I am saying....

Gary

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 02:03:58 PM »
A few more can't hurt...much

PilotHawK

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 07:32:22 PM »
I was actually talking about blending in the intake manifold with the "airfoil" to match the one on the back side of the reed cage frame. Looks like the screw tips need to massaged as well.

I guess I misspoke about the "trailing edges". Thinking about it a little more I should have said leading edge where the intake manifold matches up to the reed block.

turbotexas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 11:42:14 PM »
Quote from: "Nuke Em"
"ledeck watercooled engine"... Do you mean "Leckich"? Thats what I have in the 420. Snap any pictures? Did the ATV racing guys seem nice enough? I have never dealt with them. What are they doing for you?

From what I have been told, the Baja shocks are very close to stock shocks. The Works are supposed to be much better than those, but I have never ran them. Weed has some and he probably would sell them if you asked, if thats what you want. What do you have now?

Heres a couple of pictures...

No I was to busy drooling... and it was raining steady, most of the rides were works in progress, so plastic was covering the motors etc. I want a long travel pilot... they look so bad. OK done drooling now, let me finish putting my ody back together... I am having them rehone my jug from when the carb boot leaked out on me in Oct. I bought a Hillside Honda Head and had them send it to ATV Racing. this will be the FASTEST way for me to get up and running again... I am trying to take this week off to replace some bearings and relube everything .... I am also trying to buy a 1 ton pickup for me to have around the house. I spent three weeks finding one, gave the dealer a $500 dollar deposit. and two weeks later when I came back into town to buy it and take it home, they had sold it to someone else... I was a MAD S.O.B.... So now I need to invest some more time into finding another!!! :evil:
I am pleased with the work and all at ATV Racing. there prices might be higher than some of the others, but I was going to California on a regular basis, so the convenience was a factor in the desicion to use them... I learned years ago on my Peterbilt that it is adventagious to use the same mechanic as much as possible...
I bought a radiator of e-bay, need to figure out how I want to mount, am also thinking of mounting a fuel tank to carry more fuel for longer trips into the dunes...
How hard are thes lecket engines to find??? I saw a ody on ebay before christmas with one, but he was out of my price range at the time...
I think I will just get the works shocks, I am sure they are worth the money... let me know how you like yours... especially the fronts. I have a pair of works that I might get around to shipping off these and see if they can rebuild to fit the ody... I better hurry, I am hoping to make the trip to dumont in Feb and meet up with you!!!