Author Topic: water cooled heads  (Read 3230 times)

3odystrong

water cooled heads
« on: November 02, 2006, 08:07:38 PM »
Hi, I see posts here for the Kfab head, does anybody know if they are made still by chance?Is there a link to them for info? or are they sold online or just here in the forum.My reason for asking is I have had an offer for my 350 and might upgrade to a Pilot, but I would like to get all my conversions in order to see if cashwise I can swing it-I have also noticed the front a -arm kits as well,I found a link through the site to ATVR-are they the only company that produces them currently?Thanks for the input guys.

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Re: water cooled heads
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 12:42:25 PM »
Quote from: "3odystrong"
Hi, I see posts here for the Kfab head, does anybody know if they are made still by chance?Is there a link to them for info? or are they sold online or just here in the forum. My reason for asking is I have had an offer for my 350 and might upgrade to a Pilot, but I would like to get all my conversions in order to see if cashwise I can swing it-
Nope.  I don't make them anymore.  I don't have anymore and I probably won't mess with them anymore either.  Unless you start messing with really high compression (over 185), there's no need for one anyhow.  Set up your stock head to run 165 psi, run the highest octane PUMP gas you can find and all will be good.
I have also noticed the front a -arm kits as well,I found a link through the site to ATVR-are they the only company that produces them currently?Thanks for the input guys.
ATV's the only company that I know of that still makes Pilot stuff.  It's pricy, but worth every penny.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Long Travel Pilot A-arms
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 10:01:14 AM »
I sell a kit for the Pilot. It has about 1.5" more travel than ATV Racing's kit. There is significantly less welding and you do not need to cut your floor tub. Rather than raising the upper mounts to fit in longer shocks, I lowered the mounts on the A-arms. This not only makes it easier to install, you are not paying for new upper shock mounts so the kit costs less.

Picture of my own machine
Brother getting air with it

Moskito

• View Profile
water cooled heads
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 01:36:17 PM »
Sorry Live - didn't know you offered a kit..
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
A-arms
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 03:25:27 PM »
Hoodlum is the only one on the boards that has one. Here is what he posted when he first got it on Kiowa's board.

The A-arms used on the 350 kits are the same other than the crush sleeves in the bushings (7/16" bolts vs. 10mm) . It is actually kind of funny to think about that I offered the much more elaborate FL350 kit before the Pilot one.

Another guy that has one is the one who sold his A-arm 350 on eBay a few months ago. His wife was dissapointed at getting the more expensive Pilot to replace the 350 then losing half the suspension travel so he had to upgrade the Pilot.

I have sold 3 Pilot kits, have one on my own machine and about 30 FL350 kits.

3odystrong

water cooled heads
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 12:27:47 PM »
Nope. I don't make them anymore. I don't have anymore and I probably won't mess with them anymore either. Unless you start messing with really high compression (over 185), there's no need for one anyhow. Set up your stock head to run 165 psi, run the highest octane PUMP gas you can find and all will be good.
3odystrong wrote:

to run the 165 psi can that be done with a stock jug and head combination by chance or would I have to bore it?
Thanks Livewire for the info, the site, etc. I apprec it, what is the current status for a kit with the Bilstien shocks as far as wait time, would it smart to order this kit early and anticaipate a slight wait period?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
water cooled heads
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 01:26:43 PM »
Yes, there is a wait time on the kit. It would probably be about a month with Bilstein 6100s. Longer with the 7100s. I think the 7100s are overkill. The 6100s are worth it over the Works though.

Moskito

• View Profile
water cooled heads
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 06:19:25 PM »
to run the 165 psi can that be done with a stock jug and head combination by chance or would I have to bore it?

Stock jug and head is exactly what you need...  Get in touch with Don of PCP Off Road and have him do your engine work - or at least the head.