Author Topic: FL350 to FL400  (Read 1827 times)

ed43082

• View Profile
FL350 to FL400
« on: October 24, 2006, 06:14:07 PM »
Does anybody have a list or an idea on what parts will interchange with these two bikes?

I just bought a 89 FL400 and am looking at converting it so I can ride it. Once I determine exactly what needs to be modified then I will be selling my FL350 either in parts or as a whole if I can find someone interested in it. I made several modifications so I could ride it because I'm a quadriplegic and don't have grip in my hands. But, it could very easily be put back to the hand controls on the steering wheel like it originally came with.

I just don't want to sell any of the extra parts I have accumulated or any of the parts if I decide to part it out if they will work on my new Pilot.

Thanks,
Ed

PilotHawK

• View Profile
FL350 to FL400
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 07:26:50 PM »
About the only thing I can think of are the brakes...both front and rear. FL350 front wheels will fit an FL400, but not the other way.

They are completely different machines. There might be other stuff that will interchange, but short of nuts and bolts I'm not sure what, other than what I have already listed.

ed43082

• View Profile
FL350 to FL400
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 09:44:57 PM »
Went and picked up the Pilot yesterday. 16hrs of driving not including the time to make the purchase and stopping to fuel and eat. Left at 10am yesterday and got home at 8am today. I think well worth it though. Very clean and Original owner. Very nice ATV.

Does anyone have an online version or pdf of the 89 Pilot repair manual that I can download until I get a book? Or send it to me? I got a pdf of the FL350 from someone so I was hoping the FL400 might be available also.

Also any picks of their install on a suspension seat in the Pilot? I would like to see what type you bought and what type of custom mounting brackets you built.

Thanks.
Ed [email protected]

PilotHawK

• View Profile
FL350 to FL400
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 11:59:20 PM »