Author Topic: Big lights added to the 420 last night  (Read 1735 times)

nuke em

• View Profile
Big lights added to the 420 last night
« on: May 28, 2006, 11:38:01 AM »
I added some big KCs to the 420 for night riding. I think it looks like the ol Speed Buggy cartoon(for the ol farts that remember it).  I think they are 100 watts apiece, could be 130s too. They are dim at idle but seem to brighten up decent when revved up. Total power out on a 350 is around 260-280 watts(what I remember), the engine uses some, tail/brake lights use some, instuments and back lighting use some. I think I may put a toggle switch on one light to see if it helps. We'll see how it works I guess. I don't want to melt any wires either. :shock:

jlbspd

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 01:34:53 PM »
So any news on the Kc's? ive did the exact same thing only mounting them where the stock lights were. I havenet wired them up yet as i wasnt sure i would fry something or whether the Oddy put out enough juice to powere them. Mine are 100w.
Let us know whats the verdict!  :)

jlbspd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 04:21:35 PM »
Oh yeah,  Do the factory lights on Oddys run dim at idle too?  The were much brighter at speed. I have no lights on my Oddy right now other than the mounted Kc's but not wired up yet. The original lites were very dim at idle.  I planning on replacing the rear light with LED's to draw even less voltage.

baz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »
Hey Gary,it's only 160w at 5,000 rpm.
I run the HID's.Way more light output and only using approx 35w ea.Baz

daryll919

• View Profile
lights
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 01:04:10 AM »
I talked with a friend of mine who owen a atv repair shop and ask him about your problem he was telling me the stator can be rewound to create mor power and also you can add leads for additional power needs.  works on the same basic concept as rewinding a altinator.

PilotHawK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 10:00:32 AM »
If the 350 is anything like the pilot, there is no rewinding the stator for increased output. All the stator lobes are already wound from the factory.