Author Topic: 350 seat mod  (Read 1899 times)

nuke em

• View Profile
350 seat mod
« on: April 16, 2006, 12:19:09 AM »
My factory seat cracked so installed a $40 Ebay Kirkey circle track seat and $20 3" 5 point Simpson harness. I didn't like the way it woulds have set in there(kinda tall) so I made a lowered seat mounting bracket from more angle iron. It lowered the seat about 2.5"- 3". I now set back a couple of inches further too allowing a little more head and leg room. I also installed heavy duty hinges to allow the seat to hinge forward over the steering wheel for easy access to the engine  exhaust area. Again, this is my version and works well, but there are probably better ways to do it.

I had this installed when I did the double end over end(ass over tea-kettle) manouver. It kept me very secure and safe(other than sand up my nose, LOL).

Key words for searches --- Honda 350 FL350 FL350R FL R Odyssey racing seat install installation mod modification seat belt simpson replacment

nuke em

• View Profile
350 seat mod
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 12:31:43 AM »
Do't know what happen with those first 2 pictures??????

here are some earlier ones.

Weed

• View Profile
I have the same prob...
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 11:37:18 AM »
I have the same prob.   My 89 pilot has a Corbeu (SP?) set in it and I don't like it at all, but the queen likes it so she rides it mostly.  My next  Project (for me) I will need to do some kind of lowering/reclining as well.  

Nice job Nuke Em,  looks comfy!!!!!

nuke em

• View Profile
350 seat mod
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 12:24:05 PM »
I really like the tilt function, here another pic

ludedude

• View Profile
350 seat mod
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 01:30:53 PM »
so does the resr of the seat bolt down or is it your weight and harness that keeps it down?

I like that!

I tell ya...we need a Nuke Em's How to Forum.... :D