Author Topic: 350 LED tail/brake light mod  (Read 2812 times)

nuke em

• View Profile
350 LED tail/brake light mod
« on: April 15, 2006, 09:29:01 PM »
I built another brake light today. Its about identical to my first one that I made several years back. Its basically a shaped piece of channel iron, welded on two mounting tabs, bolted on a LED strip and thats it. I put a diode and a 330 ohm resistor in line from the factory tail light power wire. This makes it about a half power LED(tail light when ever the lights are on). I also added two switches(in parallel) to the brakes for each hand control so either will send 12V straight to the LED strip(full power bright). They really work nice and make a big difference "cat N mousing" through trails so you do not get rear-ended. :wink:

There are lots of styles, shapes and sizes of LED tail lights to choose from. I will be building a nice fitted one into a VROOM storage lid soon. I'll post pictures when I do that. I am sure there is alot of other ways to do it but just thought some might like to see it. Feel free to ask questions, comments or suggestions, real hard to offend me.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 09:32:39 PM »
how 'bout more pics and a wiring schematic  (MS paint ??) ;)

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 09:35:21 PM »
More pics

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 09:45:40 PM »
Heres the switches installed in the console area(hidden under covers). Not a real pretty install but has worked perfect for years including a double end over end with no damage.

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 10:06:26 PM »
Here are some pictures of the 1st mod, and I do think the black looks better than the red one.

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 11:02:51 PM »
Nice looking brake light mod, Nuke Em!!! Anything that looks that good and enhances the safety of the sport is a good thing, in my opinion!!!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 01:07:09 AM »
Thanks for the kind words PilotSniper. Found a couple more pics.