Author Topic: I don't know about this guy........  (Read 5068 times)

Weed

• View Profile
I don't know about this guy........
« on: April 11, 2006, 11:35:12 AM »
Ebay Link

Motor looks stock to me....

If he spent $5500 on it (the motor) he really took it in the ass about 14 times...............

Fed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 11:46:28 AM »
Yeah....either that's a 400 motor bored to what he claims is 427cc or ..???    It sure looks stock to me too.  

106 MPH ??!!!    :shock:
Opportunity is missed by most, because it\'s dressed in overalls and looks like work.

greasemnky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 12:32:35 PM »
100hp and 106 mph out of a single cylinder 2 stroke, air cooled motor? Makes you wonder why the sport bike guys have been running 4cyl all this time. They must have missed this majic upgrade. Oh wait, wouldn't this also SHRED the factory trans ? LOL

greasemnky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 03:42:07 PM »
I just got this response from the guy. I asked him how he squeezed out 100hp, and if he had any reciepts etc from the engine.

"I dont have the documentation because it was done by a guy who is in the Daytona Race Circuit. He assured me that the tranny would hold up to this much hp but Honda wont take responsibility for more than 50."

Toyman

• View Profile
100 mph Ody
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 12:29:50 AM »
This is very amusing for this 05....er' 50 yr old dude to think his stock looking Ody has an "estimated" 100hp & that he has been clocked at over 100mph. Wow! What kind'a drugs is this guy on? I sent him an email to tell him he should be more realistic in his representation when offering his Ody for sale. I can't wait to hear his response if any. I'd like to see his 35k CJ-5. I'd bet money it looks stock & that he'd been clocked at over 200mph with this amount of money invested in it!  :lol:
Toyman

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 12:39:00 AM »
My 18' Ford E450 box van will run 267.1 mph!

But only in short spurts... 8)
And it shimmies between 175 and 210. :shock:
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

Toyman

• View Profile
!00 MPH
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 01:02:36 AM »
The only way I'd ever believe his Ody had been clocked at !00mph is if it had been drop kicked out the back of C5B at 10,000 ft.

By the way anybody want to buy my 100mph SnoRabbit? I blew it up trying to go 105 so I'd let it go reasonable!
Lets' start the auction off at ............hmmmm  $4000
Toyman

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 09:42:23 AM »
Hey Toyman, You really have a SnoRabbit/runner? I picked one up in a yard sale several years back. Its setting in the garage waiting to be messed with, just one of those projects. Its missing the front ski and pull start recoil, other than that looks pretty clean and complete. Seems to have good compression too.

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 09:53:11 AM »
The only way you can get that kind of speed is have a drive clutch the size of a car tire and the HP to turn it, turn 15,000 RPMs(not recomended), have 35" rear tires(also not recommended), do the evil Kenevil stunt off the side of the Grand Canyon(highly not recommended, but worth watching), or finally, strap a JEDO rocket assist booster to the back of your buggy like the guy did from the "Darwin Awards" a few years back(also highly recommended for this knob and worth watching too).

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 04:23:54 PM »
I really see nothing wrong with his listing.

I just dynoed my Pilot (with $5600 worth of modifications on the engine alone) at some guy's shop with some other guy's dyno machine and the numbers came back to 151HP at the rear wheels (which happens to be, coincidentally, the same proof as the whiskey I drink). They clocked me with a laser radar gun (conventional K-band gun was not fast enough to register my speed) at 172.2274MPH. I would provide photographic evidence, but none of the 14 high-speed cameras that were on the race track could capture a good still image. It seems as though my excessive speed caused all of the images to render too blurry. I'm having the NASA Hubble telescope project people look into this anomaly.

Oh, by the way, it's sitting in my garage next to my Ferrari Enzo...

:roll:
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 07:08:52 PM »
Quote from: "PilotSniper"
They clocked me with a laser radar gun (conventional K-band gun was not fast enough to register my speed) at 172.2274MPH.

I would like to argue this, as we all know that the laser radar gun is only accurate to three decimal places.  The laser only gun is accurate to four. :shock:
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 10:46:25 PM »
Quote from: "Moskito"
Quote from: "PilotSniper"
They clocked me with a laser radar gun (conventional K-band gun was not fast enough to register my speed) at 172.2274MPH.

I would like to argue this, as we all know that the laser radar gun is only accurate to three decimal places.  The laser only gun is accurate to four. :shock:

LMAO!!! :lol: There's no end to where we can take this!!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

Toyman

• View Profile
Re: 100 mph Ody
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 01:11:32 AM »
Quote from: "Toyman"
This is very amusing for this 05....er' 50 yr old dude to think his stock looking Ody has an "estimated" 100hp & that he has been clocked at over 100mph. Wow! What kind'a drugs is this guy on? I sent him an email to tell him he should be more realistic in his representation when offering his Ody for sale. I can't wait to hear his response if any. I'd like to see his 35k CJ-5. I'd bet money it looks stock & that he'd been clocked at over 200mph with this amount of money invested in it!  :lol:

I've exchanged several emails with this clown & he quickly started back-peddling. He now states his engine builder who builds engines for a living told him what it was & its' capibilties were & if I didn't believe it to come see it for myself. I told him many were having a good laugh at his expense on message boards. Also that he should not state his beliefs but true facts about this car when offering it for sale to the general public who may or may not know any better. Some of us do but we're not buying it.
Toyman

99xjjeep

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 06:30:04 PM »
I have emailed the guy too with the same answers, I am going to take a road trip tomorrow and go see it, maybe drive it. Ill keep everyone informed.

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 07:05:18 PM »
Welcome, thanks for giving it a look. Becareful, the 350 suspension can get a little twitchy at 106MPH. LOL