Author Topic: Questions???  (Read 1325 times)

elmariachi

• View Profile
Questions???
« on: February 13, 2006, 08:39:56 PM »
I posted this on www.pilot-odyssey.com, but thought I'd post here too and see if I get any different answers:

I have been out of the ?loop? for several years and was hoping to get back into pilots/odysseys with an eye toward doing some desert racing in and around Southern California. I have several questions that I was hoping some of you could answer:

1) Does anyone know what happened to a company called Pro ATV that was located in North Hollywood, CA? They were around in the 80?s and made a pretty sweet buggy that was based on the odyssey running gear. I know they ran in Score International races such as the Baja 500, 1000, etc. (Class 44 I believe ? does Score still have a class for Odyssey/Pilots?).

2) Does anyone know which organizations in Southern California run Pilot/Odyssey races in Southern California, Arizona, Nevada, and Mexico? I?ve found different organizations which run desert races, but they all seem geared toward trucks and VW powered Bugs. Anyone know of any upcoming events in Southern California?  I?d like to check them out.

Thanks in advance for any info.,

--David

PilotSniper

• View Profile
Questions???
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 01:28:43 PM »
David,

I noticed that you hadn't received any answers to your question over there, either. I'm sorry, I wish I could help you, but I just don't have the answers. I think Moskito might know something about desert racing in Southern California. (Skeeter, are you out there???)

Anyways, I also noticed that your screen name is "elmariachi". Eres Mariachi de verdad o solo en nombre??? (Are you really a Mariachi or is this only a name?) I'm just wondering because Mariachi's are popular in South Florida.

Good luck with your answers!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

ludedude

• View Profile
Questions???
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 01:48:42 PM »
Moskito's on the road!

Where's DHjunkie!

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Re: Questions???
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 11:34:56 AM »
Quote from: "elmariachi"
1) (Class 44 I believe ? does Score still have a class for Odyssey/Pilots?).

2) Does anyone know which organizations in Southern California run Pilot/Odyssey races in Southern California, Arizona, Nevada, and Mexico? I?ve found different organizations which run desert races, but they all seem geared toward trucks and VW powered Bugs. Anyone know of any upcoming events in Southern California?  I?d like to check them out.

Thanks in advance for any info.,

--David

1) I just happen to have a 2006 SCORE rules book sitting here in front of me - no, they don't seem to have any classes that the Pilots/Oddys fit in.  Best In The Desert (BITD) is supposed to have a class for the Yamaha Rhino, but I don't see anything similar to those in the SCORE book either.

B)  So-Cal - you need to contact Greg Cornelius of Desert Karts http://www.desertkarts.com/.  He's in Yuma and knows of the racing in the area.  JMS (on the Pilot-Odyssey.com board) also is still in the loop of So-Cal racing.  Check http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/ also.

Whiplash http://www.whiplashracing.com/main.html (Phoenix local sanctioning body) runs in northern Mexico (Sonoyta, Rocky Point), Wickenburg, Snowflake and a couple other areas in AZ.  They will allow Pilot sized vehicles in a couple of the race courses - Snowflake and I think Wickenburg.  They don't like the smaller cars running on the faster/longer courses for fear of the dreaded squishy, squishy from a larger, faster vehicle. (trophy truck, Class 1 car)
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'