Author Topic: I need help...figure this Ebay scam (if it is one) out  (Read 7241 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
I need help...figure this Ebay scam (if it is one) out
« on: December 23, 2005, 09:30:05 PM »
OK let me try and explain this...and if it's hard to follow...well that's because it's hard to follow  :lol:

I bid on and won an Maxtor external HD on Ebay. Turns out the seller does not want to ship to Canada, so I call on PilotSniper once again. He says sure, I email the seller (foryourstudy) and they say fine. I pay via BidPay, and about 5 days ago I received the package.

So your saying....what's wrong with that?

Nothing....this is where it gets weird. Two days ago I get a call from a guy pretending to be calling from a Credit Card Company ( I think that's what he was doing) about a purchase from Beach Audio for an external hard drive. THe pyment did not go through and Beach Audio was holding the product until they received payment, apparently the card was (attempted) charged 200 times in 2 days for an amount more than what I paid....Now it gets interesting, the invoive Beach Audio has, has a ship to address to Me c/o PilotSniper!  :shock:  So a few minutes later...buddy on the phone comes clean and tells me his name, and that is was his card that was apparently attempted to have the charge put through on for a package destined for me. And he's trying to figure out what's going on, and who has his credit card info. To him it at first looks like me as the product is to be shipepd to me....but remember, I have my HD already....Oh and the weirdness does not end there...nooooo..

I just got a PM from PilotSniper....get this...

B,

I'm on vacation this week and came to work for the first time just now to get the Christmas presents and take them to my in-law's house (closer to home). When I walked into my office, I had some packages waiting for me. Among these packages was a USPS Priority Mail package from a guy named "Hleb Stuk". It is addressed to you, but care of me, so I opened it. Inside is a Western Union sheet with "BidPay" under the title. In the center of the sheet is a check that looks to be purchased by you for this guy in the amount of $152.50. At the bottom of the sheet is this guy's address in New Jersey.

Now that I'm REALLY confused, what would you like for me to do with this? It looks like something that should go to Mr. Stuk's address, but he's the one that apparently sent it to me.

I'll be loading up the truck now and unloading at my in-law's house in a couple of hours. I'll check my PM's when I get home. I'm anxious to hear this one! LOL!!!

Talk to you later,

V

Now who the heck is this "Hleb Stuk"...maybe it's "foryourstudy" from Ebay?? But they're contact information says they're in California.....Spencer (credit card guy) is from New York I believe....and Beach Audio  is in California I think...yup https://www.beachaudio.com/info.php

I'm lost....I have my product...have not received any "where's my money" emails from "foryourstudy"....but how did someone get my ship to PilotSniper request....and Spencer's CC info...and why ship it to me.....and now the bidpay check being sent to me..... :roll:  :?  :shock:  :lol:

Who's got theories on this one :?:

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 11:00:21 PM »
B,

I just got home, but my parents brought the kids to me just now, along with all of the tables and chairs for tomorrow's party (lots of fun unloading now! :roll: ). Anyways, if you want, I can scan the envelope and Western Union sheet and post it up later (if you need it). Just let me know.

I'll be back on later.

'Till then,

V
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 11:07:38 PM »
sure..scan it and email it to me....it's just a copy of the check.....or the check is there too?

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 11:54:28 PM »
Oh, no. That's the cool, twisted part. It's a freakin' check!!! Now that I'm reading all of this, maybe it's a scam check to try to get info from you? Hell, I don't know how this would work!!!

I'M STILL CONFUSED!!! :?

What e-mail would you like me to send this to?

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 12:09:36 AM »
check's made out to me?  :roll:  no way....

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 12:13:34 AM »
Quote from: "ludedude"
check's made out to me?  :roll:  no way....

No. Check your e-mail cuz' I just sent it to you.

It's made out to the guy that sent it to me. It looks like YOU bought it, though.

This is DEFINITELY a killer script for the next "Twilight Zone" episode!!! :wink:

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 12:29:25 AM »
why...why...would he send it to me...I'm assuming this is "foryourstudy"....but their contact info is in California...this was mailed from NJ

:shock:  :shock:

STILL IN THE DARK

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 12:37:37 AM »
Something smells really, really fishy!!! I can't wait until the air clears on this one!!!

It's a cliffhanger!!! How does it end? :huh:

Stay tuned for next week's episode... :mrgreen:

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2005, 12:41:35 AM »
there's no Hleb Stuk at 163 tappan st....at least not by 411 reverse search

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2005, 12:45:24 AM »
there's no Hleb Stuk at 163 tappan st....at least not by 411 reverse search

Haha!!! The plot thickens!!! :shock:

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2005, 12:52:07 AM »
and now foryourstudy is not registered with bidpay anymore

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2005, 12:57:26 AM »
and now foryourstudy is not registered with bidpay anymore

"foryourstudy" is the original seller? Now he's not registered anymore? Was it a self-deletion or was he booted from Bidpay? :?:

Either way, you paid him via Bidpay (I think) and he shipped the item (I know).

Oh, man, this is really messed up!!!

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2005, 01:01:40 AM »
well....I'm checking my MasterCard and my PayPal Mastercard acounts and no payment was deducted from Western Union - I think they do the payment end of it....and now I find this

"Effective December 31, 2005, BidPay.com, Inc. will be discontinuing operations. As a result, BidPay will no longer offer payment services to the online auction industry. We regret any inconvenience to our users and thank them for their loyal patronage. Customer service will remain available at [email protected] through the month of February."

:roll:

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 01:05:45 AM »
well....I'm checking my MasterCard and my PayPal Mastercard acounts and no payment was deducted from Western Union - I think they do the payment end of it....and now I find this

"Effective December 31, 2005, BidPay.com, Inc. will be discontinuing operations. As a result, BidPay will no longer offer payment services to the online auction industry. We regret any inconvenience to our users and thank them for their loyal patronage. Customer service will remain available at [email protected] through the month of February."

:roll:

LOL! This just gets wierder by the minute!!!

If no payment was deducted, are we assuming then that the original seller never got paid? If not, then why did he ship the product???

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2005, 01:12:29 AM »
:oops:  rewind...it's been paid...paid by Visa  :oops:  but not cashed.....obvisouly...you have the check LOL