Author Topic: Ted!...your new axles are here :)  (Read 2532 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
Ted!...your new axles are here :)
« on: November 26, 2005, 09:11:43 PM »
Your new axles showed up on Friday  :D  It won't take long to pop those in, there's a couple other items I think we need to look at...your exahust flange...may have to pick up a heli-coil for that...too bad the BBB wasn't nearby LOL...and I think we need a master cylinder rebuild kit for your front brakes. I haven't looked yet, but I'm hoping they're common parts to ATV's so we can order the parts from Action Cycle.

You gonna be able to come down before Xmas? Weekend of Dec10th? May have a run in Wentworth Valley....

Tman

• View Profile
Back... draft
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 02:20:21 AM »
Good to hear about the axles... I'm looking forward to some riding.
You know, I don't mind a few "little" things like master cylinder rebuild or fixin an exhaust flange... just as long as I don't have to suffer the ol' coolant disappearing trick that Sniper seems to be going through. I think I've seen that trick on you machine - especially on the 500 - more times than I care to remember. In fact, were'nt you suffering that at Coal Creek? Whilst I'm freezin my ass off here in Montreal, I'm still thinking I'd rather be here then sweatin in that 98 degree temperature (in the shade) we experienced while hoping your coolant had just gone missing into the air. On the other hand, that event brings back some good memories of good times and good friends.
I'll have to see about the 10th... I was thinking more like next weekend - but I think you have to work, eh?
Best,
Ted

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello T Man!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 03:52:20 AM »
Hi Ted!!!!  Haven't heard from you in a while....Good to see/hear/read you again.....
Just to let you know,it was 60 here today (that's farenheit), with sun!!!  The weathers perfect....
Guess you guys are seing snow by now?
Rooky

Tman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 01:27:06 PM »
Rooky,
Yeah, I remember when we or you pulled into the hotel... actually, I can't remember who was there first except who could miss that "hood!" I see that you have "tamed" it down a bit - that is to say its not has high as your old one or am I wrong about that. No rattles?
Then there was Luke who had the pristine machine... which was clean for all of 9 seconds at the Creek. I don't know which machine I gawked at more - his all nice and purty or yours with the interesting hood concept  :D
T

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 01:41:37 PM »
As I recall Rooky, Luke and Vroom were all there before we arrived, and one or two beers in...Luke was trying to get CV boot clamps installed, I tried to help LOL, but after 31 of drive time...I don't think I ended up helping anyone much!  :P  ....well I was able to pull a new clutch out of the back of the MPV and light up Rooy's eyes  :lol:  I think my mechanical skills were left somewhere around Maine....

The 500's been holding up fine since back on native soil  :P  Still running the cleaned piston and retapped studs  :oops: All I did was lap the head, and install a new head gasket..compression's down a bit, but as Skeeter said....it's a 500!  :lol:

PilotHawK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 07:33:23 PM »
You mean you're still running that piston? Woohooo redneck engineering at its best!

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 01:24:39 AM »
don't fix it if it ain't broke ;)

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 01:37:48 AM »
Wow! You take a few months off with an injury and look at all of the fun I've missed... :cry:
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 01:40:57 AM »
I wish you could have been there! You'd have loved it, and we'd have loved to finally meet you too!

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 01:54:45 AM »
Quote from: "ludedude"
I wish you could have been there! You'd have loved it, and we'd have loved to finally meet you too!

I've always said, "one day". You never know when that day will arrive, but I know I'll be chasing it!!!

Maybe a trip to Canada, eh? :wink:
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 01:59:15 AM »
Sounds good! Come on up.  :P

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hood
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 01:00:13 PM »
Quote from: "Tman"
Rooky,
Yeah, I remember when we or you pulled into the hotel... actually, I can't remember who was there first except who could miss that "hood!" I see that you have "tamed" it down a bit - that is to say its not has high as your old one or am I wrong about that. No rattles?
Then there was Luke who had the pristine machine... which was clean for all of 9 seconds at the Creek. I don't know which machine I gawked at more - his all nice and purty or yours with the interesting hood concept  :D
T

Hey T, the top of the windshield is actually about 1 inch higher than the old one, but my new seat raised me up that much, and with the clear screen, visibility is much  better, not to say that seeing was a problem to begin with.The hood was also flattened out to hug the contour of the cage a bit closer, which takes away the bulky look.
There are no rattles at all, and doing away with the sides made it alot easier to get in and out of also.
Does a great job of keeping dust,mud, and the cold winter air off.
Also bolts up to the reflector holes in the cage. The only holes that had to be made were in the roll cage where the windshield connects. Four bolts, and the whole thing comes off. Makes it very easy to remove...
By the way, going to Ga. this weekend for a DP trip. You and Lude still have time to make it if you leave soon!!!!!!!! :P
Rooky

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 05:48:39 AM »
New axles are in....now if it would stop raining!!!!