Poll

Think we need to....willing to help out with costs for hosting on a new server?

not necessary, this performs well enough
1 (33.3%)
like to see it faster...but not willing/able to help out
0 (0%)
sure, I'll chip in $10/year
0 (0%)
sure, I'll chip in $20/year
1 (33.3%)
sure, I'll chip in $30/year
1 (33.3%)
sure, I'll chip in $40/year
0 (0%)
sure, I'll chip in $50/year
0 (0%)
sure, I'll chip in $60/year
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 25, 2005, 04:45:14 PM

Author Topic: support for an improved server?  (Read 1306 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
support for an improved server?
« on: August 25, 2005, 04:45:14 PM »
the server will most likely have dual xeon 2.8 ghz processors..

I have been approached by someone I know who is looking to get a few sites to host for a new server he's looking at getting. I'll try and find out what the host is using now that we're on. Problem is the cost....right now this hosting package costs ~$120/yr. Depending on how many he gets to go in on the new server the price will be $40-$60 per month...I can't cover that myself.

Would there be individuals interested in helping out with those costs to house the site on a fast server?

HONDAJEFF

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 09:36:01 PM »
YA DO IT !!!! just let me know where when how much??? we just went through this stuff with our CTJEEP site... they got someone to host it with a bigger better faster server . and know we can post more pics hold more info and it has not been hacked yet!!!!
1985 HONDA ODYSSEY FL 350R
1985 HONDA ODYSSEY FL 350R (wifes)
2005 YAMAHA BLASTER YFS 200

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 09:51:50 PM »
Well this one (current) has unlimited space and traffic!  :shock:  I'm just waiting to see how service, reliability and speed holds up.....it's been freezing up on me some...but I'm not sure if it's the site or my browser. When it's runing fine I know the page generation times are shorter than what were on the coming up from the host of nsconnec.ca.

Just trying to get a feel of how others feel this site is responding and if there's interest for a faster one.