Author Topic: Politics  (Read 6453 times)

KTM265

• View Profile
Politics
« on: June 10, 2012, 10:09:27 PM »
Anyone tired of the political campaign ads running?  I would love to see reform where they can not mention their opponants in the ads...They can only advertise what they stand for and their plans. 
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: Politics
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »
The negative ads are rarely through the candidates campaign directly. They are by a PAC which is not, in legal terms, affiliated with the candidate. Corporations can contribute to the PAC instead of to the candidate's campaign. It seems like it is all a big loop hole, but we do have freedom of speech. Freedom of speech is itself a catch 22. If you want it for yourself, it is there for everyone else even if you don't agree with what they say.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 11:01:13 PM »
I don't even like them when they just state where they stand on issues,because it's mostly lies anyways....I like Ron Pauls idea of taking the federal government out of the state....

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 10:26:16 AM »
Yes, while I don't agree with everything Ron Paul says, I know clearly what those things are. He doesn't hold back. He was the only presidential candidate who had a budget plan that will not bankrupt the country without additional changes latter. The other candidates are counting on large future growth to offset today's spending. Sounds kind of like the same logic many people had about their personal incomes and homes not all that long ago.

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 11:32:39 PM »
I live by the old saying, if you don't have the cash, you don't buy it...I don't have credit cards, I pay cash and don't spend what I don't have...Just think of how strong our economy would be if dummies in Washington DC could figure how to do the same with our tax dollars...Been watching what is happening in Europe with the Euro?  Greece bailed out of using it, Spain is about to...

One problem though that needs to be fixed is how easy it is for people to just run dept up and walk away...to me that is theft. 

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 01:36:01 PM »
It is worse with the government because those in office get the political kudos from the beneficiary of money spent. Someone down the road has to deal with how to pay it back. They have been kicking the can down the road for many many years, through both parties.

From http://thefactotumsrostrum.blogspot.com/2011/08/us-debt-to-income-ratio-is-667.html

The US government debt to income ratio is 3.66 times that of the average american's. Debt to net worth is a similar ratio.