Author Topic: Stock Pilot CV info...  (Read 1930 times)

bigtom

Stock Pilot CV info...
« on: August 17, 2005, 07:45:28 PM »
http://www.dirtcheapracing.com/tech/cv/

Just some measurements and info

ludedude

• View Profile
Stock Pilot CV info...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 07:54:15 PM »
Tom, I can get CV's from a company out of Ontario. RIght now I have new axles and inners CV's from them on mine. I had to re-use my outers as what they sent had a different pitch on the splines for the outter hub. They can make these to fit...but they want 20 made at once.

For whatever reason...have to find out yet...they did not want to send inners only...they wanted to send inners on half shafts.  They have the inernals for the outer CV's...so I may get internals to rebuild my outers....unless there's enough interest to get an order of 20 outers made up.

I have a proto-type axle from them too that allows more angluarity than stock. What I bind with that installed is the upper A-arm ball-joint.

ludedude

• View Profile
Honda Pilot axle CV cv's
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 07:32:30 AM »
Tom, do you have a stock travel pilot too? Does the stock one see the same angles as the LT?

Their inners are a bit different, the cup is a bit longer (1/4"?) and so they shortened their axle a bit (again 1/4"?) They assured me it would be fine, just changes where the joint sits in the cup, therefore although they fit on, you can't use their CV's on stock axles, the CV would probably then bottom out in their cup.

I can get complete axles made $250USD each, if I order 20. Minimum is 20 due to the fact that they have to make the outer CV, the have the internals, but not a stub with the same spline to fit the wheel hub. They had one with the same spline count, but the pitch was different, so the it wouldn't fit :( So I'm running my same outers on their inner/axle combo. I'd like to have new outers as well. I had gotten 4 used ones...got 2 off to keep as spares...one was ruined in getting it off, and one had a cracked cage.

I'm not going to stock any of these, and it will probably be a one time deal. I can't see another buy happening after this one...that's if I get orders for....I'll take 6 for our 3 pilots here..so if I get orders for 14 more axles ($250USD+shipping) I'll put the order in.

They can do LT's as well if someone can send in an axle so they can get the measurements from one, I am 90% positive for the same price. If anyone wants LT's I'll verify that.

Reply here so I get an idea whether or not to pursue this.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
cv's
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 09:24:14 AM »
So, are you saying that it is only the axle and the inner cv? Do the stock outers fit the axles?

ludedude

• View Profile
Stock Pilot CV info...
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 12:30:18 PM »
That is what I put on the week of the trip to CC. Their inner CV's, axle, and my used outers. I popped their outers off and sent them back. They can make the outers, they just don't have them on the shelf, hence the need for a minimum order of 20. They don't want to tool up for only 4 or so of them. THey'll make complete axles, inner, outer, axle, boots, the whole she-bang for $250USD. Sorry if I wasn't clear with my earlier post  :bigthumbup:

ludedude

• View Profile
Stock Pilot CV info...
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 03:55:30 PM »
Due to lack of interest, I will not pursue this deal. I will get what I need to replace the axles on our pilots here and that's it. ;)