Author Topic: Sarah, Niles buy you a comfy seat yet?  (Read 1570 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
Sarah, Niles buy you a comfy seat yet?
« on: August 03, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »
After sitting in the seat in the Buck's, what is it a Beard? I want one too! What a difference. So who has what? Which brands and models? Ted didn't fit the one in the Buck's....can you fit the wide models in the pilot and still shift? Anyone else planning to get one? Which one? From where? Who's got the best prices? Maybe we can do a group buy?  :P

throttle

• View Profile
Seat
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 03:28:21 PM »
The Beard Superseat will fit - just barely.  ATVR uses these seats, but actually narrows them a little, however a standard super seat, not ultra will fit.  It makes it tight for the gearshift, and I actually moved it over a bit by bending the tabs slightly.  Corbeau also makes a Baja SS seat, which is very nice and only about $160.  The beard seats cost about $250.  When doing some research myself on the seats I ran accross this manufacturer of seats and thought that I might try this one instead of my Beard seat.  www.racecraftseats.com

Once you sit in a racing seat like that, you just can't go back to the stock one - IMHO.

rocketman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 03:35:42 PM »
Interesting how we check out everyone else's ride for neat mods.  
BTW did you find anything on the mirrors.

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 08:02:40 AM »
You may want to ask Jay of http://www.desertdogoffroad.com about the seats he uses in his Coyotes.

I think they're a bit smaller than the standard Beard, they are comfy and they have a mesh section under your butt that lets the stuff go right on through.  No more muddy butt.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'