Author Topic: Coal Creek July 22-24  (Read 10044 times)

stoneman

• View Profile
Coal Creek July 22-24
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2005, 02:33:17 PM »
What is going to happen after riding?
Anyone camping out?
Cookout or restaurant?
Our hotel has a pool ( Double Tree)

I dont wanna bring Stoneman grill if not needed.

betel

• View Profile
Coal Creek July 22-24
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2005, 04:24:18 PM »
Hallelujah!  I finally got one of the Pilot hubs out.  I feel a lot closer to being able to make this ride now.  If you look a few post back I posted a a jig I made to put a lot of force on the hub while soaking it in PB blaster.  Well as best I can tell the jig didn't do shit.  I went to Harbor freight tools yesterday and bought their 13 lb slide hammer.  After making an adapter to fit on my jig's 5/8" all thread rod, I slammed that slide hammer about 10 times and the hub finally popped out.  You could tell the PD Blaster had soaked into the yoke by the smell.  Here's an image of the hub.

ludedude

• View Profile
Coal Creek July 22-24
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2005, 04:31:19 PM »
Awesome! Glad you got that damn thing out! Can't tell from the picture...my splines were wore fairly bad, are yours? My main shaft looks A-1 though. Glad I changed then out now. Next is to do Ted's and Sinclair's  :roll:  I'll be needing the slide hammer for those, where as mine popped out by hand....they had been out 2 years ago and never-seized heavily ;)

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Coal Creek July 22-24
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2005, 08:52:04 PM »
Make sure you take a good stainless brush to those spines.  The type that fits on the end of a drill works pretty good.   Get it as clean as you can.

Same goes for the hole it came out of.   Once again - stainless brush.  If you can find something like a bottle washer in metal that would be killer.  I used one of those little wooden brushes you find at the autoparts store.   Trim the handle so it goes in farter/easier.  Consider it a one shot use brush too..

Slop anti-sieze all over the ends of the joint and inside the hole also.  You can't use too much in this case.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
Coal Creek July 22-24
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2005, 06:34:49 AM »
I wont be going but take care of Ozpilot for me,don't let him get to drunk LOL,maybe Oz can bring a jar of Vegemite for your toast in the morning,hey Oz !

Have heaps of fun and take care !

Cheers
Aussieduner

betel

• View Profile
Stainless brush
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2005, 08:13:48 AM »
I found probably about as good a brush as you could use to clean the receiver part of the shaft.  Plumbers use a round stainless bristle brush to clean fittings.  THe 1" brush is a tight fit inside the receiver.  Theyr'e about $3 at home depot.

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Coal Creek July 22-24
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2005, 08:33:02 AM »
Quote from: "Aussie Duner"
maybe Oz can bring a jar of Vegemite for your toast in the morning

EGAD!  I tried Vegemite long ago when I was in Melbourne.
Just what the hell is that stuff?  :huh:

YUCK!
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

ludedude

• View Profile
Coal Creek July 22-24
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2005, 09:03:53 PM »
PH and Moskito, can you PM me your phone numbers please. Thanks ;)