Author Topic: just a question  (Read 1814 times)

skunkyus

• View Profile
just a question
« on: April 22, 2011, 12:09:26 PM »
I have had a fl350r for a few years now. I stumbled accross it at a garage sale and picked it up for like $500.00, obviosly a good deal, the machine ran fairly well till the gear box went out, damaging 4 gears and the primary shaft, I picked up a new gear box off eBay for $250.00. My question is this machine had been sitting for at least two years before I got it and has been sitting for 3 years since it broke. Is it worth my time and money to get this machine back to perfect running condition or am I prob going to start finding other problems when i reinstall the gearbox?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: just a question
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 02:08:06 PM »
I think it is worth getting going. You should replace the crank seals. They will be dried out due to the overall age of the machine. While there could be some things that needs addressing due to it sitting, they are pretty much the same things that need to be done for normal maintenance. Everything requires maintenance.

skunkyus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 10:49:59 PM »
I have noticed on eBay there seems to be an endless supply of only certin parts, the engine looks to be fairly easy to do and I am some what farmiliar with rebuilding motors. There are a few thing however that my machine does need that I am having a hard time finding, or the price is way to high. Is there any online shops that I can check out for resources and/or parts?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 08:16:45 AM »
Check the link in my signature. What are you having a hard time finding?

skunkyus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 03:38:52 PM »
thanks man I had the link to a few of them sites. I have found damn near every part i need at www.lakecltyhonda.com
thanks for your help though. I'm hoping to have it up and running here in the next few weeks.