Author Topic: Site Functionality/Features  (Read 2206 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
Site Functionality/Features
« on: April 16, 2005, 06:17:20 PM »
Features (some are currently available):
  • multi-forums capable (POPS is now a multi-forum setup)
  • two templates currently installed (subSilver and paperwood, trying to get a coupe more)
  • subtitles for PM's
  • country flags (done)
  • ability to add attachements and have large ones will have thumbnails created automatically, with a link to the fullsize image. Great for dial-users like me ;) (done)
  • spelling check with online master dictionary that can have site specific words added (done)
  • events calendar (done)
  • online gallery linked to mainsite (no need to register, and log in separately done)
  • in addition to a classifieds section there is an auction section, very similiar in set up to Ebay. Great for getting rid of your junk, and getting top dollar rather than guessing at a price, better than a yardsale, and you can do it year round :) (done)
  • I'll be adding an online arcade (fixing errors)
  • The advanced profile mod is due out soon, I'll wait for that before I open the site. This will allow adding fields of information to the user profile, such as member's clubs, user's ATV model, make, options, etc. Anything that users would like added.....the club info is need to ensure granting access to special groups for access rights is given to eligible users.(soon-waiting for coding to be completed)
  • It will also allow multiple group moderators per group (so it's not just one person that has to grant access) (soon-waiting for coding to be completed)
  • Advanced PM system that allows selecting and sending PMs from your Inbox to your email account(soon-waiting for coding to be completed)

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 01:16:43 PM »
Arcade is partially fixed...you can play games if you click new window, they still load REALLY small if you click play in same window.  Getting there! :wink:

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 03:03:00 AM »
Arcade games are now fixed ;)

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 09:15:21 PM »
Auction is online ;)

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 10:31:17 AM »
It's what I consider a flaw in the programming (one that I cannot figure out a fix for  :roll: ) that I retain the trophy when a new game is installed. So when I added 113 games I became the trophy king with 113 trophies, even if the scores are only 1  :roll:  The trophy King now has the medal avatar added to their profile automatically  :wink:

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 11:12:37 AM »
Added the quick Reply option. Instead of having to click and go to a new page to reply. Just click the quick reply button, and the reply dialog box will appear ;)

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 07:05:06 PM »
Brought back the auto refresh on the any index.php* file and viewonline.php pages.

Chat room is down right now as I upgrade to a new version...and try to get the bot working better ;)

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 10:27:41 AM »
Chat is back...bot's now better...actually worse right now :?

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 10:39:09 AM »
Clicking the New Reply option will allow you to add attachments, and set priorities (siticky, announcement) and calendar events, as authorities allow oer your settings. If you're making a simple reply, use the "Quick Post" option as it loads faster ;) and has less to sift through to post.

Clicking the "more options" link gives you the option to quote the previous message, attach your signature (or disable, depending on your settings) and the ability to receive email notification if a reply is posted to that thread.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 08:46:57 PM »
Working on getting the chat users logged in to show on the home page...once it's working the chat forum/link will be removed...

3D

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 03:10:22 PM »
Working on getting the chat users logged in to show on the home page

Hi lude ;)
It will take some day, but we'll do.

Greets from Italy

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2005, 05:04:00 PM »
Break though on the multi-forum setup :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

You should see it live in the next couple days....it'll allow you to visit the p-o-ps forum on it's own...and not amongst the other forums....ahhhhhh 8)

Got some formatting and template work to do yet to make it user friendly, but I think it's gonna be sweet :)

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2005, 04:16:57 PM »
If you see the multi-forum link in the top header bar, top right, you're in the old format, if you don't see it, you're in the new format ;)

I'm leaving the old one as I still have a fair bit to do to the new one....if it shows up errors, go back to the old one...means I'm working on it  :lol: When it's done and stable I'll remove the old format and forward that address to the new one.