Author Topic: Goin' riding!  (Read 2060 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
Goin' riding!
« on: February 05, 2005, 01:45:46 PM »
Well we're off...the engine os rebit and has a few heat cycles on it already. Just in to grab my SNOW PANTS...and we're outta here  :lol:  :lol:

Got 2 way radios hooked and going to try them out too...put PTT switches in the steering yoke...now it's just a matter of can we hear each other over th noise   :?

Fed

• View Profile
Well how'd it go?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 08:28:05 PM »
Well, how did the 2-way radios work out?  Could you hear each other?   Nuke'em and I have some, but they KILL the ears, physically, not aurally.
Opportunity is missed by most, because it\'s dressed in overalls and looks like work.

ludedude

• View Profile
Goin' riding!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 09:24:45 PM »
They didn't work that great. They're only clearly loud enough when idling or engines off. Still makes it easier to talk even when your helmets are still on and engines off. Going to look into putting small speakers in the helmets next.

pchiarizio

Goin' riding!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 10:05:25 AM »
I would recommend the Iasus Sniper NT throat mic with ear bud.  The throat mic will pick up your voice over engine noise and the ear bud is comfortable under a helmet, I use these for paintball and they work great.

ludedude

• View Profile
Goin' riding!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 05:07:48 PM »
we use the throat mic, and yes I agree they are they way to go...no engine or wind noise to contend with. But the ear bud just doesn't pump enough volume. That and mic placement on your throat is critical, and hard to maintain I think with winter clothing (thick collars rubbing moving it).

pilotrocker11

Goin' riding!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 06:59:28 AM »
that's too bad though that it didn't work out. it would be cool to be able to talk to someone without having to shut off your engine and have to walk right over to them in order for them to hear you. It's no fun that's for sure, u waste that much time when u could be out riding and having a blast.

ludedude

• View Profile
Goin' riding!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 08:58:39 AM »
Wait till you see the new setup ;) Work much better, you can plug different headphones/earbuds, helemt speakers  into them. Seem louder, have yet to try them out in the pilot, but I'm hoping that with the header wrap on my exhuast and the dual speakers I'll be able to hear :)

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Goin' riding!
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 11:45:32 AM »
Just a thought - especially if you want to save your hearing, be able to hear an intercom, yada, blah, whatever...

Get in touch with PCI Race Radios  http://www.pciraceradios.com/ and have them make you a set of molded ear plugs that can attach to your setup.  Tell them what you have and such and I bet they can get you styling.

For the molded plugs, go to a local Sears (Miracle Ear is inside some Sear stores) and have them do a silicon plug of your ear canal.  Send the plugs to PCI and let them do their magic.  PCI will send you back a set of ear plugs that are pre-wired and have a 1/8" male mono plug on them along the molds you sent them.

I've run the plugs for the past few years in the Dez and can't be happier.  QUIET, protective and they fit all day long w/o any irritation.

The advantage is that it gives you a quiet setting, so you can turn down the intercom system and get a clearer setup.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

ludedude

• View Profile
Goin' riding!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 11:48:12 AM »
Cool, thanks I use the molded ear plugs here at work...wonder if I can just get the company here to send the mold info to them???