Author Topic: Riding "The Squares" - 12-19-04  (Read 3080 times)

PilotSniper

• View Profile
Riding "The Squares" - 12-19-04
« on: December 20, 2004, 11:22:20 AM »
Odykid invited me to come along on a last-minute Sunday ride at the Squares yesterday. The Squares (as it has come to be called) is an abandoned city that was never built due to the negative impact it would have caused on the Everglades restoration project. What it is now is three very long, unmaintained paved roads with many intersecting dirt roads that never got paved. Essentially, they make up lots of "squares" of Everglades totalling thousands upon thousands of acres. What we do is go to our usual square and set up camp. We ride out from this location into trails galore. We also do a lot of the "hey, I wonder where this takes you?" type of exploring. In any given weekend, there are hundreds of quads out there, but there's so much land that you really never run into very many people. What surprised us this weekend was that as we were headed back to camp after one of our rides, we ran into a couple of pickup trucks loaded with four Pilots! These guys were out of Fort Lauderdale and were fixing to have a good time. And all this time we thought we were the only ones with Pilots out there!  :lol:
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

stoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 06:01:51 PM »
Let them know about Ocala ride @ bike week 2005

socalgii

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 08:49:52 PM »
PILOTSNAPPER & ODDKID you can't fool me like you fool the others.I know for a fact some of the cutest sheep in Florida are found out at "THE SQUARES".......................

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 10:27:13 PM »
Nick, are you ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN you never lived in South Florida? Your expert knowledge of the area is curiously uncommon!!! LMAO!!! :lol:

Stone, I have no way of contacting those guys, but I think Odykid might. I'll ask him. (Nice Avatar!)

odykid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 09:13:58 PM »
Sniper I don't have any way to contact them, they never offer to give any info or way to contact them, I guess they ride along since they have 5 pilots because the last one was not on this ride.  :? hehe

I did told them about the anual ride in Ocala and also mention the sites, they didn't pay much attention (I know this because they act like they didn't know)  and I know that DC mention the same thing a few weeks back in Ocala when he saw them, and he e-mail me asking me if I knew them. :wink:

Hope they pay some attention this time and do some search on the net and find out about the ride and where it will be

They also know about Homestead Sniper because I mention it and they told me it sucks that they been there before (they been around a few place for having the pilots for 5 month only hah) :wink:

:wink: dykid

atvnut

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 11:17:56 PM »
What is needed to be lawful to ride in Fl for an out of stater ?
Thank you
"The Nut"

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 11:42:37 PM »
Quote from: "ATVNUT"
What is needed to be lawful to ride in Fl for an out of stater ?

Needed? Just bring your ATV and ride!!!

If you have a license, lose it because we don't use those things around here! In fact, if you know how to drive, forget that too!!! You can get around better if you drive like everyone else does! These damn Cubans!!!  :lol:

atvnut

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 03:40:26 PM »
Sweet I may plan a february trip to FL might be nice to bring  along the machines and get some seat time
Thank you
"The Nut"

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 05:04:54 PM »
If you make it all the way down to South Florida, let us know and we'll hook up and ride! Odykid and I are always looking for an excuse!!!  :lol:

odykid

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 06:38:10 PM »
Quote from: "PilotSniper"
If you make it all the way down to South Florida, let us know and we'll hook up and ride! Odykid and I are always looking for an excuse!!!  :lol:

LOL true... hehe

listen to Sniper he is the man for making excuses... :lol:

The annual FL ride is the first week of March. "but we can make an exception and ride february too!!!  Right Sniper???

:wink: dykid