Author Topic: Belts  (Read 7215 times)

Ozpilot

• View Profile
Belts
« on: December 15, 2004, 12:45:41 AM »
I am about to order a couple of belts for my pilot.  It seems OEM or Marv's (4X4 Tuff) are favoured but I have only ever used OEM so I have no idea what difference I may find.

Which do you guys find best (and why)?

canpilot

• View Profile
Belts
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 12:20:35 PM »
... most guys run Dayco Max 1121 because of the price. Personally I like the belt Polaris makes for one of their sleds ( # 3211077 ). I think they last longer than the Dayco's but are a bit more money - nowhere near OEM cost though.

FL670R

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Belts
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 02:26:46 PM »
I'd say OEM Honda is your best bet.

I seem to shred the others in one season...

I have been running Marv's on my FL500 and it seems to be holding up
very well also
Marv's are noticeably stiffer and may be better for you if your machine sees a lot of mud/snow or slush...

Since you need two check Marv out, he used to give a discount and include free shipping if you bought two - He still may...

PilotSniper

• View Profile
Belts
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 04:28:04 PM »
Marv's 4x4 Tuff Belt - Two Thumbs Up!!!  8)
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Belts
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 08:07:32 PM »
https://www.bearing.com/

These guys sell the gates trail runner belt for the pilot 20 bucks. You must specify to ship direct from the warehouse, and pay online to get that price. I'm not sure, but I think the part # is trailrunner 1711.

Not the best belt, but worth the price.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
New Dayco
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2005, 02:27:17 PM »
The new Dayco HP line is made to last longer than the MAX line. While they went up in price a little, I also got a little better price buying them in bulk (20 at a time) so I was able to keep the price the same as the old MAX at $32, I don't know how that compares to others selling Dayco belts.

I also got some new belts in that I would bet money are actually made by Dayco. The materials and the way the belt is described is identical to the Dayco HP belt. They also have the same 1 year warranty. They are only $25. I did not get any Pilot ones, only FL350. I don't sell as much Pilot stuff. If people are interested in them, I will order up a case.

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
Belts
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 07:26:13 PM »
Hey Ozpilot did you end up getting those new belts ? My Pilot looks like it could do with a new one   i should get a spare as we are so far away.

Aussieduner

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
belts
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 05:57:30 PM »
I did end up getting a case of the Pilot belts. $25 each, free shipping (US 48 states) with two.

Ozpilot

• View Profile
Belts
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 08:23:42 PM »
I ended up getting two belts from Marv at 4x4 Tuff.  I haven't used either yet.  Marv's belts are a bit more expensive than others but seem to be highly recommended.

canpilot

• View Profile
Re: belts
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 10:32:54 PM »
Quote from: "LiveWire"
I did end up getting a case of the Pilot belts. $25 each, free shipping (US 48 states) with two.

... which belts are these Livewire? Are they the Dayco HP's? Who makes them?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Belts
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 07:13:04 AM »
They are called Enforcer. They have the same material and construction description as the Dayco HP. The Dayco HP part number for the Pilot is HP2003. The Enforcer is EF2003. The shape of the cogs is the same. The colors of the ink printed on the back of the belts is the same. I am fairly sure they are made by Dayco and sold under the Enforcer name.

canpilot

• View Profile
Re: Belts
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 11:00:43 AM »
They are called Enforcer. They have the same material and construction description as the Dayco HP. The Dayco HP part number for the Pilot is HP2003. The Enforcer is EF2003. The shape of the cogs is the same. The colors of the ink printed on the back of the belts is the same. I am fairly sure they are made by Dayco and sold under the Enforcer name.

Have you been running them long enought to compare the 2 ( or to another of the same quality ) for longevity? As stated above by some one, I too have been getting typically about a season of riding out of the Polaris belts, the Dayco's ( MAX ) seemed not to last near as long as that even. Just curious to know what's what.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
belts
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 09:15:18 PM »
Some of my 350s still have maxs in them because they are not worn out. My primary one has an Enforcer. The Pilot still has a max. So I don't know how much better the HPs or the Enforcer last.

The Dayco Ultimax on my Drakart is 4 years old so I know Dayco can make a better belt. How close the HP is to the Ultimax, I don't know. If they say it is a better belt than the max, I'm sure it is. How much better still needs time to prove it out.

canpilot

• View Profile
Re: belts
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 11:35:52 PM »
Some of my 350s still have maxs in them because they are not worn out. My primary one has an Enforcer. The Pilot still has a max. So I don't know how much better the HPs or the Enforcer last.

The Dayco Ultimax on my Drakart is 4 years old so I know Dayco can make a better belt. How close the HP is to the Ultimax, I don't know. If they say it is a better belt than the max, I'm sure it is. How much better still needs time to prove it out.

... ok, sounds good - interesting. Do you know off hand if Dayco makes an ultimax for the Pilot ( sorry, I'm just being lazy right now )?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ultimax
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2005, 06:58:23 AM »
I don't think they do.