Author Topic: Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Kit - Installation  (Read 1641 times)

PilotSniper

• View Profile
Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Kit - Installation
« on: October 12, 2004, 07:26:29 PM »
Well, they say learn from your mistakes, so I did and I'm passing this information along to the next do-it-yourselfer!

If there's one thing to remember when replacing your old, worn out master cylinder innards, it's PATIENCE! Remember, if you buy the kit and happen to ruin one of the little, thin, unidirectional, pain-in-the-ass, can't get 'em anywhere else rubber grommets, you'll be out of luck because these little boogers can't be purchased separately from Honda!!! You WILL be purchasing a whole new kit!!!

Okay, you have been warned!  :wink:

The following are pics and little pointers I've added to help get you through the procedure. They are there to explain how I did it, not there to tell you that this is the only way to do it. If you have a suggestion that I haven't listed which might help the next guy, please post it, since good ideas are what it's all about!

By the way, when I did the right side rebuild a few months back, I fought with the piston for 30 minutes until the circlip decided it wanted to give up and go where it was supposed to go. This time, the circlip went it in exactly 2 seconds. Go figure!  :?

May your rebuild be a total success!!!

Here's the pics I promised:

http://www.p-o-ps.com/coppermine_dir/thumbnails.php?album=57
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock: