Author Topic: Really low board usage here.  (Read 2360 times)

Odyknuck

• View Profile
Really low board usage here.
« on: September 10, 2004, 04:38:30 PM »
Hey guys what happened to everybody. This board is suffering from lack of use. What gives. Get out your little typing fingers and get a move on it. :(

redrider

• View Profile
Okay, I'm typing
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 09:48:42 PM »
I log on and check the board everyday, more than once.  I have also noticed a downturn recently but it is also the time for getting last minute summer vacations done, back to school swing, labor day holiday, yada, yada.  I think it will pick back up once folks settle down a bit.
I hope everyone had a good summer and got some riding in.  The weather is starting to turn nice for most of you that don't like it very hot.
Happy trails.

Odyknuck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 10:06:03 PM »
Hi Red, How are ya my old friend. Life is good yes.

Fed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2004, 11:32:49 AM »
I just found this board very recently by accident.  I think it kicks butt over the POOA board and I'll be visiting here regularly from now on.
Opportunity is missed by most, because it\'s dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Back in the Saddle.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2004, 05:25:29 PM »
You bunch of (short) whiners!  :)
(Hey Red - I think Odyknuck's just about your height)

Welcome to the madness Fed.  This place is a good one.

Back in the saddle again.  WTF, right?  8)

Phoenix was good for/to me and I have a nice new perspective going.

Quick run down on the Snowflake Desert Race of last weekend:

Finally got the very few bugs worked out (had driven clutch rubbing issues
that we're still not quite how/why it happened - but a spacer fixed it great - will be pulling the tranny to check the input shaft for possible problems) and went to the track on Friday.

Ran the poker run (free lap) and was able to scope out the track - was a
great thing to do.  The downhill we crashed on last year is SCARY!!! (even
at slow speed)  Jay and I decide, during the race, that we wouldn't have made it through the g-out at the bottom of the hill if we'd made the landing.  It's just a nasty, mean hill.

We were 4th off the line - two 900 class cars in front of us, car #1200, first in our class.  Each car launched 30 sec apart.  By mile marker 8 we'd passed the two 900 cars and were right on 1200's bumper.  Followed him for about 2 miles and decided to say "See ya".

First lap through was 34 minutes (I forget the seconds)  Second lap was
33:35, third was about 6 min slower (stuck behind lapper, broke belt, slow getting going again - let Jay get buckled in this time) and the fourth lap was 1:00.16*  If we'd not had issues on lap 4, we probably would have turned a mid 31 - I'd stepped it up quite a bit, as the track conditions had come around big time and the Dez was really happy with them.

We were +3 min by the first lap over second place.  The second lap was the second fastest lap turned by ANYONE - pro or sportsman.  Fastest lap was done by a Pro Trophy Truck that ran a 33:32 - Not bad!

Fourth lap was the pisser - the race was 108 miles long (four 27 mile loops), the Dez has a fuel range of 104 miles. (everyone that knows the Dez (ATVR guys) has always said it would go 120 miles - guess we were all wrong.  I would have bet pink slips it would...)  Yes, we were running out front, had the class and the over all sewn up and we run out of fuel 4 freaking miles from the finish line!   Fortunately our pit crew was able to steal a quad from the people next to our pits and show up with a splash of fuel.

The overall of it was that we finished 2nd, only blew one corner (my only
driving screw up!), lost one belt, the rear brakes faded pretty badly and I
finally got to bump someone that wouldn't get out of the way (been wanting to for a long time).

Next year we stop on lap 3 for a splash of gas, kick ass and take names!

The race was killer and after my results Neil said "Looks like we've finally made a Race Car outta the Dez".  Man I'm glad to hear it!

----------------------------
*not positive on lap times, as they were what I was told - I don't recall the actual times except for the 33:35, which I remember seeing.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

PilotSniper

• View Profile
Re: Back in the Saddle.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2004, 06:58:51 PM »
Quote from: "Moskito"
You bunch of (short) whiners!  :)
(Hey Red - I think Odyknuck's just about your height)

Welcome to the madness Fed.  This place is a good one.

Back in the saddle again.  WTF, right?  8)

Phoenix was good for/to me and I have a nice new perspective going.

Quick run down on the Snowflake Desert Race of last weekend:

Finally got the very few bugs worked out (had driven clutch rubbing issues
that we're still not quite how/why it happened - but a spacer fixed it great - will be pulling the tranny to check the input shaft for possible problems) and went to the track on Friday.

Ran the poker run (free lap) and was able to scope out the track - was a
great thing to do.  The downhill we crashed on last year is SCARY!!! (even
at slow speed)  Jay and I decide, during the race, that we wouldn't have made it through the g-out at the bottom of the hill if we'd made the landing.  It's just a nasty, mean hill.

We were 4th off the line - two 900 class cars in front of us, car #1200, first in our class.  Each car launched 30 sec apart.  By mile marker 8 we'd passed the two 900 cars and were right on 1200's bumper.  Followed him for about 2 miles and decided to say "See ya".

First lap through was 34 minutes (I forget the seconds)  Second lap was
33:35, third was about 6 min slower (stuck behind lapper, broke belt, slow getting going again - let Jay get buckled in this time) and the fourth lap was 1:00.16*  If we'd not had issues on lap 4, we probably would have turned a mid 31 - I'd stepped it up quite a bit, as the track conditions had come around big time and the Dez was really happy with them.

We were +3 min by the first lap over second place.  The second lap was the second fastest lap turned by ANYONE - pro or sportsman.  Fastest lap was done by a Pro Trophy Truck that ran a 33:32 - Not bad!

Fourth lap was the pisser - the race was 108 miles long (four 27 mile loops), the Dez has a fuel range of 104 miles. (everyone that knows the Dez (ATVR guys) has always said it would go 120 miles - guess we were all wrong.  I would have bet pink slips it would...)  Yes, we were running out front, had the class and the over all sewn up and we run out of fuel 4 freaking miles from the finish line!   Fortunately our pit crew was able to steal a quad from the people next to our pits and show up with a splash of fuel.

The overall of it was that we finished 2nd, only blew one corner (my only
driving screw up!), lost one belt, the rear brakes faded pretty badly and I
finally got to bump someone that wouldn't get out of the way (been wanting to for a long time).

Next year we stop on lap 3 for a splash of gas, kick ass and take names!

The race was killer and after my results Neil said "Looks like we've finally made a Race Car outta the Dez".  Man I'm glad to hear it!

----------------------------
*not positive on lap times, as they were what I was told - I don't recall the actual times except for the 33:35, which I remember seeing.

First, glad to see you back, Skeeter!

It sounds like you had a great time in the race this year. Running out of gas 4 miles before the end is just going to make your victory next year that much sweeter! I'm glad to also see that you finished safely and not flipping over into trees (since they hurt really bad for some reason). I, for one, will drink a cold one tonight in your name. Haha!

Again, glad to see you back!

P.S. - Do you dislike people who are vertically challenged???  :wink:
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

socalgii

• View Profile
attn moskito
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2004, 07:08:37 PM »
Lucky,for you, I missed you in Phoenix - I  would have hurt you bad for doing graffiti  on my future ex-wife's bike . I will be  at the COSTA MESA  SAND SHOW doing volunteer work for ASA next SAT .If your're there -drop by. Need your e-mail ,I lost [email protected]

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2004, 08:43:50 PM »
Welcome Fed...
Quote from: "Fed"
I just found this board very recently by accident.
Accident? Where've you been?  :lol:

Quote from: "Fed"
I think it kicks butt over the POOA board and I'll be visiting here regularly from now on.

Thanks we're gald you like it ;)

tsutton44

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2004, 11:32:40 AM »
hey Moskito glad to hear you had some luck this time out,without major problems.Sounds like the Dez is running good and lap times were very good with the exception of running out of fuel and belt letting go.Running times right along with the pro trophy trucks is excellent.What was your average speed any idea ? Sounds like it would be a lot of fun win or lose.Any rides or races planned before the weather turns?I am still working on a nice big oval track out here(s.carolina) but need to get some equipment in to remove stumps.lol the old suburban is just too slow at removing stumps  :cry:  wish i had a combination tractor,we would be running it allready.Other projects are happily side tracking the finishing of the track at the moment  :shock: .If your in the area or just cruisin shoot me a [email protected].

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Re: attn moskito
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2004, 04:05:15 PM »
Quote from: "socalgii"
Lucky,for you, I missed you in Phoenix - I  would have hurt you bad for doing graffiti  on my future ex-wife's bike.K

What?  You didn't like my sign???
Man, compliment a guy and get slammed.   :D
Neil watched me make the sign and then had to ask...

Quote from: "socalgii"
I will be  at the COSTA MESA  SAND SHOW doing volunteer work for ASA next SAT .If your're there -drop by. Need your e-mail ,I lost [email protected]

Wish I was gonna make the sand show, but alas, I'm back in Ohio where it's humid, 1800 miles from the desert and there's no place locally to drive the Dez.  Oh well.   :(

PM me from this board and I'll get my addy to ya - or you can find it on my web pages:  http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

Odyknuck

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 12:24:11 PM »
Ha Ha  Short Whiners!  This coming from someone knee high to a grasshopper.  You Verrrry Funnnny Guy Moskito.  Glad you did well at the race. Sounds like a kind of race I would like to try some time.  I was at Spring Vally on sunday and had a good time.  Well except for losing my left rear knucle bearings in the fourth lap of race two.  By the time the race ended the knuckle and bearings were fused together and the tire was sitting up against the shock. Repair parts are on the way   It did not handle very well after that and it sure robs the horsepower.  I still managed to place third overall.