Author Topic: Do I need different oils for the motor and the trans?  (Read 2925 times)

sicksand

• View Profile
Do I need different oils for the motor and the trans?
« on: August 22, 2004, 03:30:22 AM »
I'm confused over the oil,one I put in directly behind the seat on your right side,corrrect?And in the back of the pilot also on the right side there is that bolt,do I put a different oil in the hole where the bolt comes out?I need some help on what type or types of oils to use,,,thanks

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 04:39:35 AM »
Here ya go...right from the manual...use the pilot tech link, top right to get the online manual

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 04:42:29 AM »
AND THIS

tsutton44

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 05:31:26 PM »
The oil balancer and transmission are completely different.Both will however take the same type of oil.On the transmission the is the check bolt that you are referring too,but there is also the fill cap that you have to take off in order to fill it till the oil starts coming out the check bolt(you must remove the check bolt or nothing will come out of it and you will overfill it! )You can use a good gear oil or go with 10w40 like the manual says,but it has to be a non-detergent oil i believe.what i do with my fl350 is use the 10w40 with a touch of stp oil treatment.you do not want a oil that will foam on you either.The engne oil balancer is completelt dsperate and in the motor not the transmission and should be filled to the marks on the dipstick and according to the manual(same oil),though depending on weather - summer use the thicker oil and for winter use a lighter oil .just like you should or would do in your car or truck.