Author Topic: G series works shocks  (Read 2655 times)

Tattool23

• View Profile
G series works shocks
« on: July 01, 2010, 10:02:59 AM »
I'm thinking of biting the bullet and buying the g-series works shocks. Is there a huge difference with getting them with the reservoirs? I am just doing trail riding pretty much. Would they really be needed? Or could I maybe add them another time?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: G series works shocks
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 10:50:28 AM »
When new, they will have slightly better damping characteristics when not running them hard. When run hard, like over chatter bumps, they will heat up less and not fade. The extra heat without reservoirs has a compounding effect. I am told that the time before the oil needs replacing is about 4 times as long with reservoirs. When the oil degrades, the metal parts wear faster. They can be added later, but will cost more. Part of that is because they need an oil and nitrogen change when done. You could probably wait a year then have the reservoirs put on.

Tattool23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 11:01:02 AM »
And what is the difference between regular works shocks and then the G-series?? I would want the red and black shocks. I hate the baby blue. The g-series r red and black right?? Do u have any exhaust set ups for sale. New or used?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 11:14:13 AM »
I normally order the G-Series with black springs. Previously, with red tenders, but Works no longer offers those. I may have some left with red tender springs. I have new DG pipes and may have a used one.

Tattool23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 11:27:49 AM »
Is it possible that u could check to c if u have the red tenders? I would be willing to order the shocks and the DG set up if the price was right. Do u only have the pipe or silencer too?? I don't mind a used one as long as it works fine isn't cracked or anything. Let be know.

Tattool23

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 09:40:20 AM »
Any luck with that stuff, exhaust an red tenders??