Author Topic: FL350 wont start using electric starter - please help  (Read 14540 times)

raider

FL350 wont start using electric starter - please help
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2004, 05:08:56 PM »
Your summary is correct with one exception.  When I initially got the machine and went thru it, there was no spark at all via electric starter button when a spark plug was in cylinder.  Then after my brother-in-law unplugged just about everything and tested individual components. it started working for one afternoon intermittendly.

The next day, all we get is a single click at the starter relay right above the battery.  It clicks when the electric start button is pushed.

I guess something may have gone wrong inside the starter after riding hard all day.  Up until then, it turned strong.

I will take your advise and try to jump to the starter if I can get back to it.  As you know, the stud is in a tight area.  I will also recheck the wires again.  As you can imagine, this apparent simple problem has become very aggravating.  When I bought this thing, the previous owner said it was just the key switch.  Famous last words.
Thanks,
Dan

ludedude

• View Profile
FL350 wont start using electric starter - please help
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2004, 05:29:18 PM »
Quote from: "raider"
it started working for one afternoon intermittendly.

It started and ran OK intermittently with the electric starter? Did it start after having good charge up during high speed runs and started soon after shut-down  - thinking weak battery got good charge and would start if not left too long, if left it drains and then won't give enough to start it  :roll: