Author Topic: 350 cluch enguagement question  (Read 5017 times)

KartKrazy

350 cluch enguagement question
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2004, 12:31:30 AM »
It is running rich, but that was not my problem.  I took the fuel filter off and couldn't even blow through it!  Its one of those glass cleanable filters, I thought the filter element was supposed it be brown...NOPE stark white! Stupid Arizona dirt anyway! I also fixed my flat tire with a total of 8 plugs. I normally detest the use of plugs except in an emergency, but all the tires need to be replaced anyway so I figured what the hell. It now looks like a bad  hair plug job with 8 plugs in the left front    :lol: . OH well I had fun doing it.  It runs good and the "swiss" tire now surprisingly holds air. Saturday I drove the wheels off of it, well one of them any way! The left rear Came right off! I've never had that tire off, and it never dawned on me to check the lug nuts.  Ruined a wheel and lost all of my lug nuts.  Good thing I just happen to have an extra rear wheel!  Nobody had  any 10mm X 1.25 lug nuts, and I went everywhere!  So Sunday all I got to do was look at it on jack stands :? I agree 29 Road is a rough place for odysseys.

I took both clutches apart Saturday at work, one clutch's weights looked flat and smashed the other's rollers were seized, and one roller was missing. Out of the two I made one good one and it works fine now

Joe Odyssey Rider

• View Profile
350 cluch enguagement question
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2004, 11:05:18 AM »
Quote from: "KartKrazy"
It now looks like a bad  hair plug job with 8 plugs in the left

LOL ... I did that once.  Hey ... if it works!

The left rear Came right off! I've never had that tire off, and it never dawned on me to check the lug nuts.  Ruined a wheel and lost all of my lug nuts.  Good thing I just happen to have an extra rear wheel!  Nobody had  any 10mm X 1.25 lug nuts, and I went everywhere

Similar story from our last trip to the dunes.  We decided to follow some dirt roads and one of the 350s had paddles on it.  I was thinking the rocks, ets were probably not good on the paddles, so I pulled over and was going to check the paddles.  As my nephew comes up on that one, I noticed the wheel "wobbling" pretty bad.  I thought "oh no, he's major bent the aluminum wheel".  But no, it had just lost 3 of the lug nuts ... so we were lucky.  We just took one off the other side and slowly rode it back to the camp.  BTW, the rocks didn't seem to hurt the paddles at all.

I took both clutches apart Saturday at work, one clutch's weights looked flat and smashed the other's rollers were seized, and one roller was missing. Out of the two I made one good one and it works fine now

That sounds exactly what we did to one of ours.  That should last at least a season if not more.  Pretty amazing what you can do with enough parts.  Too bad you can't get the stock clutches anymore, they are pretty simple to work on.