Author Topic: anybody know good plastics reproduction company?  (Read 1819 times)

mudbogger

anybody know good plastics reproduction company?
« on: June 03, 2004, 04:37:42 PM »
I have a problem, I am in need of a company-guy who can either clean up or reproduce the plastic air guides for the 350's.I have currently got about 10 sets-the metal portions have been sandblasted and powdercoated OEM r-109 red, but the plastic portion of the air guides are in need of some tlc, does anybody know of a company or place that sells-reconditions these plastics by chance?I have checked service, hillside, partsfish,you name it, no go and sending 140+ from Bike bandit for new 1 's is not in the plans(thats even if they can get them).

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 06:22:59 PM »
Air guides? Do you mean those air scoops on the sides of the 350's? Good part for fiberglass reproduction from proto-man/Vroom?

mudbogger

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 10:14:38 PM »
Yes, thats what I mean lude, I really need these to be perfect!!I have 1 brand new guide in the stock box from Honda, need another.

Vrroom

• View Profile
FL350 air scoops
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 07:16:18 AM »
Yes, they can be made from fiberglas, however, one side will be perfect and the other will be mildly rough (due to a one sided mold). All you have to do is send me an email with the number of sets you want and I'll let you know the cost per set. ([email protected])

Please keep in mind that the parts will not be reasonably cheap unless you intend to buy 30 to 50 sets. The bulk of the cost in making fiberglass parts comes from the labor and materials used in making the mold.

Let me know.
Vrroom

mudbogger

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 10:10:31 AM »
Vroom, I need 5 sets-Ill email you as well, thanks for the reply.