Author Topic: fuel filter  (Read 2387 times)

cndracer

fuel filter
« on: April 26, 2004, 01:15:51 AM »
My fl350 has rusty tank syndrome,and I was wondering if anyone has tried using automotive type fuel filters? They are easyer to get and cheaper than Honda. You input is appeciated.

tsutton44

fuel filter
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 02:16:43 AM »
yes they will work but are bulky.though the rust issue is going to get worse and any filter is going to plug up.better off taking the tank out now and cleaning and coating it.

cndracer

fuel filter
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 08:59:27 AM »
I know hot tanking it will clean the rust ,what do you use to coat it?

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
fuel filter
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 10:43:54 AM »
Either get a radiator shop to clean and seal it or try Kreem for the tank.  Follow the instructions that come with Kreem exactly and you'll end up with good results.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

mudbogger

fuel filter
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 04:05:54 PM »
Quote from: "Moskito"
Either get a radiator shop to clean and seal it or try Kreem for the tank.  Follow the instructions that come with Kreem exactly and you'll end up with good results.
I agree, the rad shop should paint and seal it for you, I always send my tank to the rad shop when I get 1 or 2 in, the are the best bar none to remove and seal the tank for future use.Ialso agree with Moskito- if you cant afford the rad shop, here it is about 90.00 with tax for the job then the gel is also a great way to get the rust out, either way you MUST GET RID OF ALL OF IT, you'll never have any luck getting the 350 to run with rust in the carb, fuel pump, lines etc.It is vitally important you get that tank as clean as possible.

kr420am

rust
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 02:20:06 PM »
My tank had some rust and the previous owner sealed the tank.  I would be careful because my tanks sealant is chipping off and has clogged my filter.  I just ordered a 5 gallon aftermarket from Odysseysalvage.com.  Should be a much better idea.

mudbogger

fuel filter
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 05:54:11 PM »
But that tank is an gravity feed tank, he is running a stock fuel cell, he may have to do alittle carb work to accomendate the gravity feed tank.