Author Topic: Interest in Durhamtown Plantation or Coal Creek April 17-18  (Read 2908 times)

redrider

• View Profile
Interest in Durhamtown Plantation or Coal Creek April 17-18
« on: March 30, 2004, 04:15:52 PM »
I've sorta sworn off of posting riding "events" and trying to organize them.  I just thought I'd mention that a couple of us are planning to go to either Coal Creek near Oak Ridge, Tennessee or Durhamtown Plantation (about 90 miles east of Atlanta, Georgia) and riding April 17th and 18th.  Many of you have heard about rides at Coal Creek.  Durhamtown is a great place to ride and provides one-stop shopping as they have accommodations and camping areas, a dining hall that has breakfast, lunch and an awesome evening meal, some supplies and repair services available, bike and atv rentals, bike wash area, emergency medical services on hand, 2 motocross tracks, and tons of trails that are very Pilot friendly.  Kinda costly but well worth the trip since everything is made so easy there.

Here is a link to their websites  
http://www.coalcreekohv.com
http://www.durhamtown.com

Only respond here if you have something to add about Coal Creek, Durhamtown, or if you have questions or interest.  Thanks

rocketman

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 01:44:54 PM »
Other nice things about Durhamtown:
The lack of rocks to tear up your tires/rims and bend tie rods.  The smooth jumps.  One way trails.
Well maintained trails therefore almost no water holes or 4-wheeler pits on the trail.
I like this place.  It is a easy place to stay and play.

Odyknuck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 03:44:59 PM »
Red what do you mean your not going to organise anymore rides. What about Hatfield McCoy. If your not going to get a HM trips together how can we or I get permission to ride there again.  
Duramtown is 12 hours one way for me. Just too far. Sounds like a nice place.

Space_Pilot

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 09:44:35 PM »
Another note:
As a fairly new oddy/pilot rider i found durhamtown's trails extremely condusive to an enjoyable ride with any suspension set-up, i.e. stock everything on mine. oh, yea i got a little beat up at times due to my maxing out on my confidence and abilities, but the absense of rocks, major ditches and the like were the ingrediants to a very enjoyable ride for 2 days.
There are jumps on the trails but my pilot did very well in taking the landings even with being all stock. For those of you who haven't expensed alot of cash to beef up your suspensions, this trail system is stock- pilot friendly. The over-all package offered at durhamtown is well worth a few extra hours drive to experience it!

Vrroom

• View Profile
Durhamtown on April 18th
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 12:50:03 PM »
Looks like no ECJ for me this time. Money is too tight to go by myself. However, Durhamtown is much closer and more affordable. I'll be there.

I'll arrive at Durhamtown on Saturday morning and stay for the day. Luke will probably come with me as well. I plan to have the prototype (plug) for the footwell cover done by then, so I'll bring it with me for some design input before I give it to ProtoGLAS to have a mold made. I should also have the "dual inlet" airbox cover with me as well.  

See ya at DP.
Vrroom  :D

PilotHawK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2004, 05:47:35 PM »
Several things need to happen in order for me to make it to DP. I need to get my top-end back together. And I also need to stretch my arm about 15 miles in order for Moskito to see my thumb on his way through.