Author Topic: power bloc comments  (Read 2590 times)

Bucked

• View Profile
power bloc comments
« on: April 07, 2004, 11:51:15 AM »
No, I don't have a peach inspediment.

Ramjet

Gee..
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 10:10:41 PM »
Geezzz....... this is absolutely appalling. Does PowerBloc have a trained monkey filling the orders? Nah, a trained monkey could get it right.

Good luck Brian, you've made a great effort for all of us and I'm still grateful for the effort. I can wait while you get this mess straighten out.

rocketman

• View Profile
power bloc comments
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 10:34:40 AM »
I looled at my clutches again last nite and there was one the scuffed spots on mine.  Looks like a course abrasive was used to eliminate a flaw in the casting.  That should be easy to polish out with some finer abrasives - I believe someone mentioned removing their spot with scotchbrite.

redrider

• View Profile
scuffed clutch face - an opinion
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 02:05:49 PM »
I may be mistaken (have been once or twice before, or so I was told) but I doubt a scuffed face on the clutch will cause much problem.  It should be easy to eliminate by buffing it out  -- OR  --  you can just run a used belt on the clutch for the first ride if you're concerned about belt wear.  I seriously doubt you will find that a scuff mark impairs performance.  You'll probably also find that after a few miles, due to the polishing action of the belt on the clutch face, the scuff is gone.