Author Topic: Trouble with "Log In" anyone else?  (Read 2948 times)

redrider

• View Profile
Trouble with "Log In" anyone else?
« on: March 29, 2004, 10:41:12 AM »
When I select the link to "log-in" I'm taken to the log-in screen.  
After entering my log-in information (username and password) I select the log-in button.
I then get a "page cannot be displayed" error screen everytime.
If I hit the back button, I come back to the log in screen.
Then if I hit the forum index link (Pilot in sand pic, upper left corner) I go the the forums section.  The funny thing is that I AM logged in at that point.  
Has anyone else had this type of problem where you get an error after trying to log in?

dhjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 01:03:02 PM »
uh  did we accidentally hit the double click button?  hehehee :)

vfrpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 01:10:25 PM »
a similar thing has been happening to me.  When I hit the login button it takes me to a "http" search. Then when I find my way back to this page I too am already loged in.  :?:  :?:  :?  :?

redrider

• View Profile
Yeah, I'm an idiot :)
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 01:47:40 PM »
Quote from: "dhjunkie"

I was also having trouble with hitting the back button and it telling me the page had expired, so I would click the forward arrow to get back to where I just left.  Two of those times were when I was posting that message and it had to resend info each time to refresh.  I hate when that stuff happens.
I noticed you had a reply on one of the other identical posts.  I asked an admin to delete two of these three so I hope you don't mine, you other reply will get trashed with it.  :)
BTW - my co-worker was drooling over the bike for sale.  He wishes he had the dinero.
Thanks

dhjunkie

• View Profile
Re: Yeah, I'm an idiot :)
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »
Quote from: "redrider"
Quote from: "dhjunkie"

I was also having trouble with hitting the back button and it telling me the page had expired, so I would click the forward arrow to get back to where I just left.  Two of those times were when I was posting that message and it had to resend info each time to refresh.  I hate when that stuff happens.
I noticed you had a reply on one of the other identical posts.  I asked an admin to delete two of these three so I hope you don't mine, you other reply will get trashed with it.  :)
BTW - my co-worker was drooling over the bike for sale.  He wishes he had the dinero.
Thanks

LOL  isnt it fun when boards act up?   I put the bike on mountain bike review.com  and got a whole slue (spelling) of out of country (nigerian) offers.  I also have a frame and fork for sale that is 600 bucks. it is a 6" rear travel and 4.25 front frame and fork combo.  It is a San andreas model of the mountain cycle.
Check them out on www.mtbreview.com.

dhjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 02:01:07 PM »
WOW what a crappy picture. I'll try and do beter.

dhjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 02:03:20 PM »
let us see if this is better.

dhjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 02:05:08 PM »
hmmm.  whats up with the color?  maybe it has to do with the site issues?

PilotHawK

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 04:17:13 PM »
problems I am seeing are the ones with personal messaging, and when I am notified of a reply in my mailbox. When I click on the link i get it takes me to an error page  instead of to the forum.

Another thing that would be nice is to have the pages auto refresh when each page is changed....either backing up or going forwards. This would clear the read folders so I can see what has already been read. There is another site that uses php that does this so I dont think is an issue with my browser.

macdanny

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 10:22:51 PM »
I had to request a new password to get in.

redrider

• View Profile
macd
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 10:58:44 PM »
If you followed the steps ludedude suggested a little farther down from my original post, it probably didn't work!  LOL  sorry lude, it just didn't  :)   Now everything seems ot be working fine though!
What I was doing earlier was typing in username and password - and clicking the log-in button - when I got the "page cannot be displayed error" I hit the back button.  When that brought me back to the log-in screen I clicked on the main index link (which is the pick in the upper left corner) and it would take me to the index logged in.  Funny stuff - rocketman just sat at his desk shaking his head and laughing, saying well that didn't work, oh, okay, well that don't make sense.
Glad it's all working good now.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 12:51:53 AM »
There were somw wrong settings from the move from the old host to this one...I think we're all set and ready to rock and roll now!

mudbogger

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 10:32:43 AM »
After resetting my password-everything has worked out, I can finally access the board, man I got some posting to do bbl.