Author Topic: Need Help with the cylinder jug and electrical issue  (Read 307 times)

Jubjub2011

• View Profile
Need Help with the cylinder jug and electrical issue
« on: October 06, 2023, 01:37:36 AM »
Hi I got a fl250 1983 model,it's was running perfect few weeks ago ,the only problem I had back then was the headlight bulb burns on high rev, and i tried the 8w 12v bulbs same thing.
Now I have another problem the motor stopped and lost compression after 30 min of riding , so it's time to rebuild I was thinking ,and like I thought piston and rings where damaged and the cylinder jug  needs a minimum 1 mm honed to be good again ,but the problem is the cylinder jug is on 72mm allready and I can't find a bigger piston for the fl250 the max size is 72mm.
 Any help for suggestions or ulternative parts will be appreciated thanks

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: Need Help with the cylinder jug and electrical issue
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 05:05:32 PM »
It sounds like the regulator is bad. So the voltage if getting too high and burning the bulbs out.

I don't know specifically what the 250 guys are doing. A TRX250R is 72mm standard bore with the same wrist pin size. I don't know if there is enough meat in the sleeve to go another size over. .5mm is usually enough to clean an engine up that did not have a catastrophic failure.

Jubjub2011

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 09:09:31 PM »
Thanks heaps buddy , I was thinking it might be the regulator , iam gonna end up upgrading the electrical and install a battery and a fan , any ideas on how to do it  the easy way ,help will be appreciated .
About the cylinder jug ,I ordered 1 in  a good condition and its on 71.8mm  ,that 1 will be cleaned out 4 sure at 72.5mm bore , cause the jug I had is deep scratched over the exaust area and it will need easy 1 + mm to clean and its allready on 72mm, don't think it's a good idea like u said not enough meat on .
I found the trx250r  72.5mm piston so u think this should work without any extra modification?

Jubjub2011

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 06:06:54 PM »
What year model should I buy the trx250r piston , iam gonna get the 72.5 mm , is there anything that needs customise,  please I need little more info will be appreatiated